Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wheels fit but the lug holes are too big?(aspire swap) cant find appropriate lug stud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheels fit but the lug holes are too big?(aspire swap) cant find appropriate lug stud

so yea i got these wheels off a 97 prizm. they were the alloy ones and they fit the hub but the lug holes are too big and I dont want to run studs cuz i go hard at work delivering pizzas and i dont want $hit to break. im going to the junk yard in chula vista tommorow and i need to come back with wheels that fit right.
    are any of you running a stud kit with lug nuts? those dont seem safe to me. thanks!!

I've had a stud kit on mine for about 3 yrs now with no issues. I push it hard when I'm in the mountains which is several times per year. I also push it in normal driving (70-80 going to work). It's worked fine to this point, wish I had changed it over a long time ago. Also I'm running Miata solid spokes with 185-60-14 tires.
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

I gotz studs on all my drivers 6+ years no prob and my bp car was owned by a member here who was heavy into autox and the stud's were on no problem.
      Last edited by bobbyspider; 02-25-2014, 10:17 PM.
      -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
      -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

So I would ask if I find miata daisy 14in wheels will they bolt up with the stock lug studs or will I have to run a stud kit with those as well? I'm just a buy the book person and delivering pizza is abusive to the suspension. And I don't like the looseness of the studs it just seems unsafe having stud that skrew in.

Comment

My Festiva has the Aspire swap under it. You must have the 4x100 bolt pattern to use the Miata wheels. stock Festiva's are 4x114.3 bolt pattern.
          I had the stud kit on mine before I put the Miata wheels on it.
          I also used Locktite on the studs when I installed them.
          You also have the option of drilling the holes and using press in studs like the larger cars.
          Advancedynamics used the press in's on his and he runs his Festiva on a road course using "R" compound tires. Look him up and watch the videos to see how good his corners when racing Porsche's, Mustangs and Vettes.
          Last edited by Team Lightning; 02-26-2014, 02:20 AM.
          Jerry
          Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
          93 L Lightning. BP

Comment

Studs here too. I've lit my brakes up enough to warp my rotors, and I have the thicker ones that will fit. I also like lateral Gs a LOT. Studs are still fine.
            Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
            91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
              Studs here too. I've lit my brakes up enough to warp my rotors, and I have the thicker ones that will fit(on the Aspire/Rio swap). I also like lateral Gs a LOT. Studs are still fine.
              Had to fix that.
              Last edited by sketchman; 02-26-2014, 05:53 AM.
              Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
              91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

ok so if i were to use this screw in stud kit where would one find these. napa? also i have all the parts for the aspire swap ready painted as well as new axles rotors. i just need wheels rio or miata rims.
                Last edited by 2jzkilla; 02-26-2014, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Most custom wheel shops/stores have the studs. That's where I bought mine.
                  Jerry
                  Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                  93 L Lightning. BP

Comment

Working...
                  X