400hp 11 second starlet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 400hp 11 second starlet

Just thought I'd share this video of a local Australian starlet.
    I guess you could say that these are to Australians what the Festiva is to you USA guys.

Enjoy

Rick's little Starlet front wheel drive is at it again this time running a new personal best time. The car is a real crowd favourite often winning over cars ...
    1988 MAZDA 121- B6T + G5MR SWAP IN PROGRESS.

i didnt know they even made starlets like that, last ones we saw were in the 80's. And 140 mph is cookin
    "Its not fast, but its fast for a festiva."

Comment

Yeah. There were 2 models released since the 80s boxy one.
      Then the yaris (aka echo, or vitz) took over.

The best thing about this car is that the engine setup he used is one of the least desirable and easily available ones.
      Those engines are dime a dozen and bolt straight in.

If I wasn't so heavily invested in my festiva, I would've done one of these or a daihatsu charade

Comment

Thx for sharing Moz, check this bad boy out!http://youtu.be/nr1myQqgExc
        Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
        Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
        Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Nice!!!
          That's an early 90's model.
          Lots of those were imported here too.
          I wonder what engine they used.
          I'm guessing a 4age with a 7afe stroker kit.

Or just a straight out 7a engine.

Comment

Originally posted by moz View Post
            Nice!!!
            Or just a straight out 7a engine.

That's an early 90's model.
            Lots of those were imported here too.
            I wonder what engine they used.
            I'm guessing a 4age with a 7afe stroker kit.
            Yes if you look at all the comments on that vid people were really wondering about his engine also. That thing literally sounds like one of my Nitro engines when the camera is far away. I love how you can hear the "CLUNK" every time he shifts when the car is in the distance. The speed is a little deceiving though,you think he is flying at mach speed because of the RPM's.But when thje camera pulls away you can see the car is pulling really hard.But just not as fast as the sound and camera vibration eludes too.Still its some of the coolest vids I've seen in a raylle car.(his driving is really clean and the co driver must be a huge help) I just recently drove a Yaris for a couple days,it was an ATX 4dr but it had LOTS of balls compared to my B3. I've been looking on Craigs List for a good used 2dr 5speed.But everyone wants a pretty penny for them. I'd like to take the Chevy Sonic for a test drive before I bought a Yaris though. I really dont like the styling of the fiesta,would like to stay in a FORD (looks to tall and narrow for my liking). And the gas mileage in a Turbo Focus isnt even close to what I need to get. Tiny car with lots of power is what heart desires !

Comment

Nitro, what about a used Echo? Isn't that the same engine as the Yaris, but in a simpler, lighter car?

I can see me buying an Echo someday.

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Yep. You can order complete turbo kits from Japan for those.

Idk if the USA got the rs with a 1.5 turbo.

Another car we got here which really got my attention was the Suzuki ignis sport.
                Not very popular, quite rare now. But 110hp and 800kg makes for good fun.

Comment

Echo sportivo
                  110hp

Hmmmmm....

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                    Nitro, what about a used Echo? Isn't that the same engine as the Yaris, but in a simpler, lighter car?

I can see me buying an Echo someday.

Karl
                    Hey Karl hows it going- I love Toyota the only thing about the echo.It has the same narrow chassis,longer wheel base & tall roof line very similar to the new Fiesta. I prefer wider shorter car like VW GTI,Yaris or the first gen Focus ZX3. I do however get goose bumps when I'm next to the new Focus ST. Sat in one last year at the Milwaukee Car show. And we are going again this Sat. Cant wait to sit in all those sweet new cars.
                    Last edited by nitrofarm; 02-28-2014, 08:19 AM. Reason: spulling mustake

Comment

Originally posted by moz View Post
                      We didnt get that one here. Looks kinda like a Honda fit from that rear shot.

Comment

Working...
                      X