worried about the size of the daisy wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worried about the size of the daisy wheels

So I live in a hilly part of Cali and I don't know that I can sacrifice more power for 14s. I like the daisy wheels but Im wondering if I should sick with 13s. I never did really find an answer to the question of the turning radius being affected. Someone with similar wheels have some input.

I would think if you keep the outside circumference the same then you wont notice a difference in "power". search the net for a +1 tire size calculator and it will let you know what tire size to buy. http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html is one I always used to use. If the weight of the rim is the same or lower and you use a lower profile tire to keep the circumference the same, you should see no difference.

Turning radius only difference will be if it rubs when you put the wheel full lock. If the rim width and offset are the same as your 13's it wont matter.
    Oldest Festiva on the forum (so far) 3/87 LX - 225k
    89 Tracer 13" alloys and dome light. Pioneer stereo, all else is stock.

Comment

i went with a set of 14's off a Suzuki Swift GT I found on craigslist for 50 bucks came with 195 60 r14 tires I have no issue with turning radius but do get a lil rub sometimes turning into a driveway that goes up hill off the main road.
      90 L plus 180,000 miles and counting.

Comment

I had zero issues with my 185/60-14's. At the time, I had standard-spec KYB Festiva shocks and uncut Aspire springs. It was easy because the car came that way and already had 6mm 1/4" spacers in the back. Never once rubbed or had any turning problems.
        1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Working...
        X