fastiva begginer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fastiva begginer

good morning! My relationship with a ford festiva its about nine months old, it started only cause ni needed a gas saver I moved about an hour from where I worked and my seventy one bug spun a bearing. My brother sold me his ninety one festiva, at first the only thing I could notice was how the car behaved at fifty five plus, it did not want to stay in it lane, the whole car shook if I went past that speed, there are no visors no radio no a/c and tires where shot, had two blow outs the first three weeks I owned the car, and I could not find used or new tires for a twelve in rim.

After finding tires at a local used tire place in Raleigh N.C. they had a set of new tires so I snatched them up, then the shaking went away, after that a new sound emerged, bad motor mounts! Bought new motor mounts for under thirty dollars replaced them at work on my lunch break, whoever owned the car before us had HIT IT HARD ENOUGH TO SQUASH THE FRON ENGINE MOUNT. The front of that frame has also a crack on it where the cross member bolts on to it.

I am going to admit this car is fun, after a couple more months I started to notice more and more festivas and not just stock these people had upgraded wheels and the engine didn't sound the same. These people had either swaped the engine or had done something to it, so it peaked my interest so I started looking for festiva upgrades, that's where I ran across this forum. and its crazy the amount of work that is done to these little cars!!

I HAVE SEEN SOME NICE FESTIVAS HERE. I AM ENBARQUING IN A NEW QUEST TO GET THIS BEAST OF A TINY CAR RUNNING RIGHT, AND I NEED MODS.

Welcome to the forums. I hope you enjoy your stay.
    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

welcome! another n.c owner. scitzz(paul) lives near you if you need any work done or possible parts.
      Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

welcomsign

You have come to the ultimate source of Festiva mods.

Comment

Luis, you're also right at the epicenter of Festiva MADNESS!!

The BIGGEST FESTIVA MEET IN THE WORLD.

First Saturday of every October!

You have no idea how addicted you're gonna be.

We'll all be seeing ya in about seven months. Uh-huh.

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

thanks

I have seen the youtube video of festiva madness and I saw some pretty good looking festivas.

do the festiva madness people meet other times in Raleigh if so can I get some info on who to talk to? thanks.

and I would like to check it out when I get some time off.
            Last edited by luisalberto; 03-06-2014, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Bastard!! You're like in the epicenter of all things Festiva, or at least only a couple hours away. (Welcome, I'm just jealous from west of the Mississippi)
              1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
              1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
              1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
              1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
              2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
              2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
              2005 Accord - wife's DD
              2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
              2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Larry, I used to live in Mississippi in Pascagoula to be exact. and im still fresh I haven't even gotten my toes wet guy.

Comment

Welcome to the addiction!
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                  The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Originally posted by luisalberto View Post
                    I have seen the youtube video of festiva madness and I saw some pretty good looking festivas.

do the festiva madness people meet other times in Raleigh if so can I get some info on who to talk to? thanks.

yes look under the meets section. there is one coming up in may or june.

Comment

Originally posted by luisalberto View Post

yes look under the meets section. there is one coming up in may or june. 4th annual ncstiva

Comment

Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
                        yes look under the meets section. there is one coming up in may or june. 4th annual ncstiva
                        Tks

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

ihave heard may date its still up in the air. thanks

Comment

Yea I think it's May, someone told me may date is not set yet

Comment

Weekend of May 10 th, location TBD.

Running around outside the asylum again with my tappy talky appy
                              Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                              Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                              "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Working...
                              X