Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thinking about picking up a capri xr2. got to be able to put stock engine back 4 smog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking about picking up a capri xr2. got to be able to put stock engine back 4 smog

so i found a xr2 on craigslist for 500 bucks for the whole car with a running engine. it just fabing the motor mounts and wiring. the f'ed up part is I need to be able to replace the stock engine for CA smog testing. is this realistic or not really? thanks

yes. i did it. It is a PITA. Just ht smog it.
    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

Comment

Where in cali? I have pointers on this issue, both good and bad.
      1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

I'm in San Diego sorry. Car is in the palm springs craigslist

Last edited by 2jzkilla; 03-07-2014, 02:07 PM.

Comment

oh you are gold. you dont have to do it shady as long as your festiva is the same year or older. ALL of the capri--engine, its charcoal canister, vacuum hoses, ECU/harness matching vin things come over to the festiva with a brand new 500 dollar cat and now your car is legal. or, hot smog it.

P.s. not kidding around about the $$ on a cat. a 49 state cat is 59.95 all day long on ebay, the downpipe is 80-100 new. A CALIFORNIA cat is 200-300 plus labor plus inspection twice. YOu do pay for peach of mind in the long run however, if you plan on keeping festiva for years it's worth it. Once the 1.6 is legally in there you can go to a 1.8 and most places wont check the difference but they really go thru it on initial inspection on the change over.
          Last edited by getnpsi; 03-08-2014, 01:34 PM.
          1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Working...
          X