Now the fleet is four!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now the fleet is four!

Just got home with Festiva #4. Cayman green 92, 5 speed, 107,000km! Pics tomorrow!

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Pics now@$#@#$@

Congrats.
    White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
    White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
    1988 LX 5-speed
    ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

I want a new low milage festiva :/

I'd take really good care if it and b6/70k tranny swap it with a nice new spec clutch and miata/rio/aspire suspension!

Oh well maybe some other day, congrats on the new addition!
        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
        1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
        1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
        1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
        1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
        1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
        1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

I might have to buy it from you if I can't get a Form 1 down on Front St. downtown.

Comment

Ha ha congrats, Ian! I'm only 2/3s of a Festiva ahead of you!

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

107,000 km ?? Nice snag !
              sigpic
              The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
              https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
              Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Well upon closer examination it turns out the only part of the latest acquisition that has 107,000km on it is the instrument cluster. There's too much evidence of a much longer life. Still got it for a reasonable price even though it will need a bit more work than I originally had hoped.

Here's a shot:

Not sure what I'm going to do with this one but I'm sure I'll put it to good use. It may become a daily driver for a while so that I can strip my current car of the parts I need for the project.
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

I've been really busy with family and work so haven't had much opportunity to even look at the car further. Discovered a major issue yesterday but let me start with a bit of history.

When I bought the car I knew that it needed front wheel bearings on one side as the roaring noise indicated. Drove it home the 300+ km without too much incident other than a check engine light on occasion which I put down to the car having sat for some time and probably in need of some regular type maintenance. If any thing else was wrong I wouldn't have heard it due to the roar from the front wheel bearing anyway. I was less than a kilometer from home coming up to the last traffic light and the drivers side front wheel locked up on a patch of ice. When it slid onto the dry road surface I heard/felt a serious thud and the steering wheel jerked to one side rather hard. disgust I thought to myself that that wasn't good but it was late, I was tired and just wanted to get home. Parked the car behind the fence as you see in the photo which brings me to today.

Checked under the hood and discovered the cause of the thud... the top of the strut tower on the drivers side was bent up against the coil bracket and I could see daylight and the strut through the gap :nightmare: This just reinforces my earlier thoughts about the true mileage of the car.

Decision has been made to part this one out so watch the For Sale section for details.
                  Last edited by fastivaca; 04-16-2014, 10:32 AM.
                  Ian
                  Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Here's a photo...

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!
                    Ian
                    Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Working...
                    X