Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

interesting tire wear after track day. opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interesting tire wear after track day. opinions?

Hey guys, just wanted a second opinion. I just got these toyo R888's and took them out for their first track day, incredible tires but i noticed in some of the harder corners i would get a sound that sounded like tires rubbing the fenders (they werent though) and when i finished for the day i noticed an odd wear pattern that i suspect is from too much toe in. But what do i know.

take a look at these pics, notice the outside half of the tire seems more worn and along the grooves is a build up of rubber but its not the same on the inside grooves.

heres a close up of the ridge of rubber built up on the grooves.

and below is one of the back tires showing what i think to be normal wear. (the abnormal wear is on both fronts) but looks fine on both rears.

so, whats going on here, is my car pigeon toed? too much tire pressure? not enough camber?

any help or opinions appreciated.
    "Its not fast, but its fast for a festiva."

I run the same tires on the racecar. I get the exact same wear, but i get it all around. I was told its a combination camber of low tire temps. I also have a bit of camber in the rear.

I guess the rubber heats up enough to get soft, but not so soft it clears off cleanly. This happens especially on the outside of camber tires because there is less touching the ground.

(Full disclosue: I'm not a tire expert. This is just what was explained to me.)
    Last edited by jemartin144; 03-17-2014, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the input.
      anybody else have opinions?
      I know advancedynamics runs these.
      "Its not fast, but its fast for a festiva."

Comment

Working...
      X