Windshield/ Cab Visor Fab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield/ Cab Visor Fab

While figuring out the best way to mount some new 18w led lights on the roof, I decided a cab visor would be the best option. The sunroof was the culprit, mounting the lights in front of the sunroof light shines onto the windshield/dash and behind the sunroof... It just looks weird. So i found this for 40 bucks it just so happened to fit my super duty so it was hard to cut up and do this:

to make an end(kind of) product:
    I'm going to weld up some square tubing and mount the lights tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1992 GL- 4" lift 25x8-12 Dirt Devils, color matched to below truck, still gets bangin MPG
    2006 F250 KingRanch 4" lift, on 37's-does NOT get bangin MPG

Looks good!!
    1990 Red Festiva STOCK "pregnant roller skate"
    1989 Yellow Festiva BP swap "Freebird"
    2007 Ford F150 "black sunshine" full exhaust with x-pipe. K&N intake. Headman Headers.
    2001 Honda accord SOLD lots of goodies done suicide doors lowered 20 inch rims
    2005 Ford F250 6.0 Turbo Diesel "swamprat" 4 inch lift, 4 inch mbrp exhaust, egr delete, glowshift pillar gauges.
    1994 Ford F150 5.0 Completely stock.

Comment

Are you certain you want to cut down on your aerodynamics that much?
      Please make a study of your gas mileage before and after.
      Last edited by bravekozak; 03-18-2014, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Nice!
        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
        1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
        1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
        1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
        1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
        1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
        1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

It's a visor, not a wing or spoiler. It doesn't generate lift or drag, otherwise it would be difficult to keep on. Besides, the 25" mud tires create enough drag anyway.
          Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
          Are you certain you want to cut down on your aerodynamics that much?
          Please make a study of your gas mileage before and after.
          1992 GL- 4" lift 25x8-12 Dirt Devils, color matched to below truck, still gets bangin MPG

Comment

Nice!
            -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
            Random Festiva Parts
            Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Light bar is on and its awesome

Comment

Originally posted by v-train View Post
                Besides, the 25" mud tires create enough drag anyway.
                :mrgreen:
                Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by v-train View Post
                  It's a visor, not a wing or spoiler. It doesn't generate lift or drag, otherwise it would be difficult to keep on. Besides, the 25" mud tires create enough drag anyway.
                  It does generate drag. It prevents air from flowing over the roof. Check your gas mileage before and after, as suggested.
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

It may prevent some, but it still allows a lot. Its not sealed to the roof, there are large vents along the visor line. I'll get close up pics when it's light out.

I think this weekend ill bust out the fog machine with the visor on and off to see where the drag is.

Comment

Awesome ! Kudos for doing something different,what leds did you use? Some of those LED light bars are $1500, insane but I'm jealous every time I see someone with one.
                      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
                        Awesome ! Kudos for doing something different,what leds did you use? Some of those LED light bars are $1500, insane but I'm jealous every time I see someone with one.
                        I used some $90 ebay 18w leds mounted to a welded 1" square tube, it turned out great

Comment

Cool let me know how those lights hold up. I want to get the round style.
                          Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                          Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                          Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Do you have a shot of the light bar in the day?
                            -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                            Random Festiva Parts
                            Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
                              Cool let me know how those lights hold up. I want to get the round style.
                              I watched a video on youtube of these lights and they dropped them, put them in a fishtank for some odd hours and drug them behind a car on pavement and they still worked so I'm hoping they hold up. I've been curious to see if someone can point out the difference between the china cheap and US expensive ones.

Here's some day pics

All thats left is to dismount, paint and seal it all up with clear caulk

Comment

Working...
                              X