Yahoo's 10 worst cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yahoo's 10 worst cars

I just read a article about the 10 worst cars ever built.(Yahoo) Although our beloved festiva didn't make the list, I was reading the comments and 2 people listed our cars.(This upset me) I had to defend our cars and left my own comments. I didn't get nasty, I just explained how reliable, and how great are cars are and how inexpensive and reliable they are. just thought I'd share.

Link?

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Found it:

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

the aztec was just years ahead of its time. there's tons of cars selling now that easily top the aztec ugly quotient. the one that makes every bad list and deservedly is the mustang II.

Comment

As a Vibe owner I hate the Aztek even more than most people because it gets mistaken for one pretty frequently (despite being about as fundamentally different as it gets). It's kind of like the Fiesta/Festiva thing, except that the Fiesta and Festiva at least have a thing or two in common.

Aztek: A huge, pathetically underpowered, unreliable, ugly crossover based on a minivan platform with plastic cladding that goes half way up the car. Handles like a lifted YJ but without the ground clearance. Capable of 20MPG if your destination is perpetually at a lower altitude than your origin.
          Vibe: A small-ish, light, healthily powered (Very healthy in the GT's case) station wagon based on the Toyota Corolla/Matrix. Capable of 40MPG on a 5spd, handles really nice (if a bit understeery because of the aluminum block and the extra weight in the back compared to the Corolla), repairs are as cheap/easy as a Festiva, and the cladding is much more tastefully placed- you don't even notice it's there if it's body-colored.

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
            the aztec was just years ahead of its time. there's tons of cars selling now that easily top the aztec ugly quotient.
            May I submit the Nissan Puke... I mean Joke... I mean Juke?

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!
            Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada
            93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
            59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Azteks actually drive pretty nice, they drive just like the grand am/grand prix its based off of.

I disagree with most of that list. The trabant is super reliable and has been transporting people all over the world for half a century so i wouldnt call it a bad car. I also wouldnt call the vega a bad car, nor would i call the cutlass a bad car.

I think people hold cars against standards that dont make sense and thats why they are "bad". Sure that cutlass wont be as fast or handle like a Ferrari but try to stuff a family of 4 and luggage into a F430...

Comment

A good car starts every morning and always gets you home.

A bad car does not start every time and dies away from home.

Some are more fun than others.

Paul
                Red Rocket 1988 L, 133,XXX miles, 4 sp. AC, hit guard rail in snow, RIP, saved everything but body
                Black Rocket 1988 L 207,XXX miles, 4 sp. AC, engine, trans, wire harness, radiator from RR
                Red Rocket 2 1988 L 138,XXX miles, 4 sp
                White Rocket 1989 L 128,XXX miles, 4 sp. AC

Comment

How did the Chevette stay off the list? I owned one when at University, and it was so awful it took me twenty five years to even consider another GM product. The floor rusted out, the shock punched through the shock tower, the ball joint sheared apart leaving the drive way, and it burned a quart of oil with every fuel refill. All before 67,000 miles.
                  Thricetiva replaced Icetiva as the new ride
                  Icetiva-3-race-car-build
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2533299

Comment

Working...
                  X