help i need to know how to remove a hatch vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help i need to know how to remove a hatch vent

I have someone looking to buy a vent off the back of my car but I cant get it removed does anyone know how to get it out?

Those are female dog to remove! I butchered the crap out of one trying to remove it. They are just as hard to put in too. Wish I had pics of the one removed that I installed in my car. Would help know how to install it. I think there are points at each end...upper and lower...as well as in the middle on both the left and right side that kind of keep it in place. So you have to kind of pinch it in from all angles while pulling it out. They might be like glued in or something too. I don't recall.
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts
    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Here's a Four Green pic. Here's the LH one. New ones are four and a half bucks + shipping. Good luck.
      Last edited by bravekozak; 03-26-2014, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Thanks jake dont spend to.much time with it, if u get it great! If not ill just get the one from 4 green

Comment

its hung up on the back of the vent the wide part.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
            Here's a Four Green pic. Here's the LH one. New ones are four and a half bucks + shipping. Good luck.
            Looked at the pix.

Where in the heck does this vent go? On the back of the car where????
            88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
            88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
            91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
            93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

Originally posted by Twistiva View Post
              Looked at the pix.

Where in the heck does this vent go? On the back of the car where????
              right on the back of the car covered by the hatch

Comment

They go in the rear of the C pillars. Just open the hatch and look left, then look right. There's one per side. They are black plastic and a very long oval shape, with some ribs inside.

Karl
                '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

plus there's adhesive under the lip that seats against the pillar. you have to get a thin shim or two to try to compress it a little to release and it will probably still get mangled. yinz call them vents. i always thought they were for pressure relief if the interior of a closed car gets too hot so he windows don't blow out.

Comment

He said yinz...
                    91GL BP/F3A with boost
                    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Yinz is common language here in PA lol.

Comment

red spire see I got some stivas now.

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                          They go in the rear of the C pillars. Just open the hatch and look left, then look right. There's one per side. They are black plastic and a very long oval shape, with some ribs inside.

Karl
                          Ahhhhhh! I know exactly what you're talking about. Thanks, Karl!

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
                          plus there's adhesive under the lip that seats against the pillar. you have to get a thin shim or two to try to compress it a little to release and it will probably still get mangled. yinz call them vents. i always thought they were for pressure relief if the interior of a closed car gets too hot so he windows don't blow out.
                          F3BZ - Holy crap, man! Is there anything you don't know about Festivas? You da man! :thumbleft:

(BTW, tried to send you a PM about those knobs but your inbox was full.)
                          Last edited by Twistiva; 03-27-2014, 10:25 AM.
                          88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                          88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                          91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                          93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

Oh p'lease! compared to a lot of the members, i don't know jack. even though i did my fair share of wrenchin on a succession of 3 beater stivas, i have yet to do any transplants or major mods. and there's plenty of times i've been kindly corrected for some misinformation i might have posted. my only "knowledge" comes from almost 2 decades of festy fanaticism, possibly the worlds largest collection of pride/festiva/121 sales literature and a bunch of parts catalogs. but thanks! hope you had luck getting the lock knobs. been having trouble deleting inbox items.

Comment

Working...
                            X