What are two festivas / parts worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are two festivas / parts worth?

A local guy is selling two festivas. Both 5 speeds and one runs but dies once warm. Other is a parts car. Tons of spare parts and 3 engines total and 4 manual trans. Do you think 900 for the lot is pushing it? The dies when warm car looks decent but has a salvage title. Parts car has no title.

I really just want an engine for rebuilding in my spare time but guy wants to sell it all. Should I buy it all and just sell the excess?

I dont mess around with shoddy titles no more. I'd treat both as parts/scrappers and even then no title is a pain to scrap.
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

...if those are good transmissions (and 5-speeds), they are almost worth the whole lot.. just sayin'. Salvage title is fine, as long as he actually has a title. Right?

Rip apart the parts car, sell off everything. Cut up parts shell, sell as scrap metal. Maybe 30min of cutting to make it into scrap..
      Last edited by Spike; 03-29-2014, 12:04 AM.
      White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
      White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
      1988 LX 5-speed
      ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

I'd say it depends on the quality of the engines and spare parts.

Why?

Because, according to you, neither of the 2 Festivas runs (as in, runs reliably....one doesn't run at all and the other won't stay running) so look at the lot as just parts. If you get one or both Festivas running (including legal to drive), that's a bonus. If not, at least you got your money's worth in engines and parts. Make sense?
        88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
        88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
        91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
        93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

Where you located? If all your really after is a spare engine somebody close might have a better deal for you. To me, sounds pricy unless the salvage title vehicle has a super clean chassis.
          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
          1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
          1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
          1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
          1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
          1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
          1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Working...
          X