About how much...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About how much...

... would it cost to get the o2 bung fixed at a exhaust shop if I brought in the manifold to them?

The threads got completely chewed up when I removed the o2 sensor way back to replace the Bosch with Denso, and after holding onto the last bit of threads still left for months, it finally popped out when I was driving back from Cincy today, making an awful racket, and throwing CELs.
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 03-30-2014, 10:15 PM.
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

I bought a bung from carquest for 3 or 4 bucks last year. Didn't need it, I also bought a thread restoring tool for about 10. Repaired an S10 bung that had hit a rocked and ripped the sensor out sideways.
    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Festy manifold is a casting whereas Aspire is tube steel. You won't be able to weld a casting. I would suggest that you put out an all points bulletin for another manifold. I picked up a few at little expense over the years from southern owners that are really clean compared to the rusty ones you get up here in the snow belt.

Comment

You always seem to ask at the worst time. I have to get some custom tubing work doner to transition my header to the cat before I give up my tanked, hand painted cast iron exhaust manifold. Someone else will have to help you out right now.
        Last edited by bravekozak; 03-31-2014, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Your best bet is buying a new manifold. Shouldn't be too hard to do around here lol..
          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
          1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
          1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
          1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
          1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
          1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
          1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
            Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
            "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Well I got the sensor in there now with that exhaust sealant stuff, but of course I don't want that to be the permanent solution, but right now it is holding solid with no leaks.

So a Aspire Manifold will work no problem? As far as I am understanding it is exactly the same as the Festy one, except that it is tubular steel, instead of being cast.

Comment

Aspire ex manifold is about an inch longer and angled slightly different (ie you'll need a new down pipe and/or custom welding). They're pretty cheesy-looking (welded tube steel on steel plate) and not likely very quiet either; threw the ones I had right out the door soon as I compared them to a cast Festy unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                  Aspire ex manifold is about an inch longer and angled slightly different (ie you'll need a new down pipe and/or custom welding). They're pretty cheesy-looking (welded tube steel on steel plate) and not likely very quiet either; threw the ones I had right out the door soon as I compared them to a cast Festy unit.
                  So I will just stick to a Festy manifold. I would like to have a FMS manifold, but I don't wanna shell out that kinda dough. lol

Comment

I have the manifold I pulled off one of the festies when I pulled off the down pipe you didn't want. It came off the 88-89 automatic one, remember?

I can give it to you for $10. The down pipe is still attached.
                    Last edited by muleskinner; 04-02-2014, 10:54 PM.
                    1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
                    1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
                    1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
                    2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
                    2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
                    2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
                    1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

Hey. Be nice to the aspire manifold. I plan on hooking a turbo to my spare one when all is said and done. Mainly so then I can upgrade and measure gains

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Comment

I like aspire manifolds better just because of the weight difference. Festy ones are huge lol. The design of both leaves alot to be desired but if there's a choice I'm not putting that 30lb piece of cast on haha. Either way the exhaust goes under the engine and out the back.. Get r done!
                        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                        1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                        1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                        1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                        1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                        1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                        1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Here are some pics I have of that manifold...

1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
                          1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
                          1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
                          2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
                          2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
                          2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
                          1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

Casting is a work of art. I simply have no idea how pieces like that are made

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Comment

If you want to learn about parting lines, cores, etc., then the Patternmaker's Guide can be obtained from the American Foundrymen's Society. I used to be a member. I enjoyed their conferences and learned a lot. Attended San Antonio and Hartford conferences.
                              Last edited by bravekozak; 04-08-2014, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X