Engine sludge solutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine sludge solutions

Could engine sludge increase pressure causing the crank seal to leak? Also what are some good ways to make the internals gleam again? I've been putting some MMO thru it but it looks like the idiot kid Po hasn't change the oil in 15k and it needs the sludge out, so a heavy cleaner recommendation would be appreciated.

Drain oil then stick trans fluid in. Run it for about 5 mins. Drain it again and replace oil. Should do it. Old mechanics truck but some one may chime in an tell you not to do it. Also there is the seafoam method
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

I used some napa engine sludge melt. If that doesn't work I will try the trans fluid. I've heard of that old trick a long time ago and forgot about it. Would excess engine sludge cause the crank seal to leak possibly? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Corycarlo View Post
        I used some napa engine sludge melt. If that doesn't work I will try the trans fluid. I've heard of that old trick a long time ago and forgot about it. Would excess engine sludge cause the crank seal to leak possibly? Thanks
        Its possible but they usually just go bad from high mileage.

Comment

Trans fluid and seafoam brah
          -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
          -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

You're not going to stop a leak by cleaning out sludge, if anything you'll make it worse. If that's what you're getting at here.

Which crank seal is it? How far are you from Marshalls Creek? If you need help fixing it hit me up
            1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
            High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
            Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Well I am getting blow by. If the sludge is causing it, it can make the crank leak. Find and eliminate the pressure and it may fix the leak.

Comment

ive always used diesel. a whole crankcase full of the stuff, and let it idle for 20 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
                  ive always used diesel. a whole crankcase full of the stuff, and let it idle for 20 minutes.
                  My only gripe with that is that I don't think diesel fuel is a very good lubricant at all. At least ATF is a lubricant.
                  1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                  2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                  1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Hb half and half then. Diesel is the best degreeser ever. Homebrew studies show that seafoam is approximately 40 percent diesel.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
                        THIS!

if you're worried about engine damage, then half diesel and half oil......
                        '93 festiva L, 5 speed.....All stock....

Comment

Will defiantly do the desel next oil change

Comment

Working...
                          X