Is my new festiva a mut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my new festiva a mut?

So I just picked up my no rust 1990 festiva 5 speed yesterday and it looks pieced together. The guy I bought it from said he has had it four years and has not done anything to it except drive it. But here r some pics

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    93 L plus 5 speed, custom herculined paint job, custom billet grille

Somebody did work to it, auto console, oj heater controls, headrests, overall a nice little car tho! I want another one with a decent STOCK interior miss the feel of a stock festy..
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

That console cover has certainly been violated. Shifter console is missing the boot ring and boot. different door panels. Lots of work required to restore everything.

Comment

The best thing about these great little cars is that if you don't like something, change it. Make the car your own. did you just do the bed liner paint job, overall the little car looks ok drive it and enjoy it.
        An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Originally posted by sc72 View Post
          The best thing about these great little cars is that if you don't like something, change it. Make the car your own. did you just do the bed liner paint job, overall the little car looks ok drive it and enjoy it.
          No I did that bed liner paint job about two years ago on my 93 still holding up great.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
          93 L plus 5 speed, custom herculined paint job, custom billet grille

Comment

To be a true Mutt, you need to have at least one body panel a different color or texture. Then I'd suggest some non-matching parts like different seats, or mirrors, etc.

Here's a nice Mutt for you:

Different hatch and hood, too.

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Mutts FTW!
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Here was my mutt until I un-mutted it.

Now its name is Shadow.
                Last edited by muleskinner; 04-06-2014, 06:33 PM.
                1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
                1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
                1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
                2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
                2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
                2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
                1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                X