Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new guy here.....

......but not to the car scene...

picked up a '93 festiva this past weekend. It's an "L" model and 5 speed standard, no a/c or power steering.
    Other than the shifter feeling all sloppy and a slight "ticking noise" from the motor that comes and goes (like literally motor will be running silent some days and ticking the next, then gone again), the car drives great!

I drive on average 65-70mph and have averaged a solid 41mpg!!!!

car is clean and decent and was towed behind an rv most of it's life, odometer shows 114,xxx.

but i look forward to keeping this car for quite a while.....all i need is some sound because the speakers are all busted out lol!
    Attached Files
    '93 festiva L, 5 speed.....All stock....

NICE looking car. Want.

Also, welcome to the forum.
    White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
    White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
    1988 LX 5-speed
    ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

thanks!

Comment

Welcome to forum. I also have a 93 that I chopped down into a little truck. If motor isn't leaking oil anywhere I had same issue with ticking also. Mine would tick on cold days when I started it. Here is what I did. Go to autoparts store or even Wal-mart and get some Sea-Foam that you use in oil or in gas. Put 6 ounces in oil and drive car for about 30 minutes to get good and warm. Let it sit overnight and then within next couple days change oil, 10w-30 and put the other 6 ounces of sea foam in. It worked great in my car. You can also get can and put in gas to clean motor and injectors. I live in Colorado and when I go out and start my car now on cold day it does not tick at all. Try it and see if it helps yours. It definitely won't hurt it.
        Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
        93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
        01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

welcomsign

I recommend Corksport solid shifter bushings. Look under your car. Is you lower shifter boot ripped or torn? I have an extra one I can sell you.
          Last edited by bravekozak; 04-07-2014, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighbear View Post
            Welcome to forum. I also have a 93 that I chopped down into a little truck. If motor isn't leaking oil anywhere I had same issue with ticking also. Mine would tick on cold days when I started it. Here is what I did. Go to autoparts store or even Wal-mart and get some Sea-Foam that you use in oil or in gas. Put 6 ounces in oil and drive car for about 30 minutes to get good and warm. Let it sit overnight and then within next couple days change oil, 10w-30 and put the other 6 ounces of sea foam in. It worked great in my car. You can also get can and put in gas to clean motor and injectors. I live in Colorado and when I go out and start my car now on cold day it does not tick at all. Try it and see if it helps yours. It definitely won't hurt it.
            yeah, i was going to run seafoam though it on my oil change

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
              welcomsign

I recommend Corksport solid shifter bushings. Look under your car. Is you lower shifter boot ripped or torn? I have an extra one I can sell you.
              i will definately look into those bushings, thanks!
              i don't know if my lower boot is torn, i'll find out when i change the oil soon....

Comment

anyone got a download link for 93 festiva fsm or the like???

Comment

For bushings, you can also go to the Kia dealer and get four of these: part # KKY01-46062. About $2.50 each I think. Welcome.
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by CUCUY View Post
                    i will definitely look into those bushings, thanks!
                    i don't know if my lower boot is torn, i'll find out when i change the oil soon....
                    Whichever bushings you use, they are useless without a couple of M8 Nyloc nuts to keep them on. Don't use the cheap factory nuts. Don't force the bushings in. They should slide in perfectly. You will be amazed at the difference.

If you change the lower shift boot, you might as well wipe off all the old grease and put some new grease on the shifter ball. I used nano grease, but any aluminum complex grease would also be fine.
                    Last edited by bravekozak; 04-08-2014, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CUCUY View Post
                      anyone got a download link for 93 festiva fsm or the like???
                      See my sig. And welcome.
                      Last edited by sketchman; 04-08-2014, 06:55 AM.
                      Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                      91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

New guy, welcome to addiction at its finest. Soon, you will be fabricating race parts for your thousand dollar car. Enjoy

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
                          New guy, welcome to addiction at its finest. Soon, you will be fabricating race parts for your thousand dollar car. Enjoy
                          :-)
                          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Welcome

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Just a note of caution when you put sea foam into your oil before you change it, only use 6 ozs before you change it and 6 ozs after you change it. If you use more, it may open up holes in gaskets and in other places where old oil has collected in spaces where it might have leaked before and dried up. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.
                              Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
                              93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
                              01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Working...
                              X