Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1989 mazda 121 grill and headlight value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 mazda 121 grill and headlight value?

i was on ebay in other countries and found a 121 thats getting parted out and i like the front end i just want to make sure they dont want too much for it
    i asked for a price on grill headlights and corners including shipping to the US

Last edited by geoacuraisuzu; 04-11-2014, 12:53 AM.

That grille/headlight setup can catch $400-$600 fairly easily in Canada/US to the festiva crowd of course lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

holy crap i was not expecting that!!! lol thank you

Comment

One thing I discovered is shipping costs from overseas can be quite high. Because the grille goes the full width of the front of the car it's longer than the maximum for mailing. When I was looking into it the best price for shipping just the grille from Australia to Canada was over $200 :what:

I was fortunate when the seller of the grille happened to be flying to Canada and he brought it with him as luggage which ended up costing me a LOT less.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
        Ian
        Calgary AB, Canada
        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

^^its those shipping costs why the grille can typically fetch that kind of money though

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Always ask if the seller is willing to ship sea mail. Two twin carb setups + intake manifolds + air cleaners + three months wait = $60.
            Ocean freight + patience is the way to go on large or heavy items.
            Last edited by bravekozak; 04-11-2014, 06:19 PM.

Comment

i do recommend making sure the seller understands to pack/pad the grill VERY well, especially at each end which are most delicate and will easily snap if handled roughly. a 10" diam. hard cardboard tube was the best carton i got one in. and even though it will cost even more, don't ship anything else like headlights in the same carton.

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
                i do recommend making sure the seller understands to pack/pad the grill VERY well, especially at each end which are most delicate and will easily snap if handled roughly. a 10" diam. hard cardboard tube was the best carton i got one in. and even though it will cost even more, don't ship anything else like headlights in the same carton.
                Excellent advice there! Ask me how I know.
                '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
                '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
                '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
                '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
                '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
                '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
                '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

well i finally got a price today total is $275 shipped it seems here is the message i received

Hi - sorry for the delay in getting back to you..

The cost to send the parts to you in the USA will cost around $150

The cost in total for the parts will cost $125.00 Note: The R/Front corner light is cracked - but will send it anyway.

If you are happy to proceed, please let me know and I will list them on eBay to make it easy for you to buy.

Kind regards,
                  David Nebe
                  Hiway Auto Wreckers Bundaberg Qld Australia
                  Ph: + 61 7 4155 1378

Comment

Thats not a bad price. Its going surface mail. Will take 3 months. Have him put a small 1"x2" or 1"x3" wooden support inside the box the full length of the grille. Not much extra weight but it the best chance at getting it here intact. I had one sent from AU in December. It arrived in March. 99 Days. It was their summer down there. Must have bee rough seas. The grille didn't survive. I had one from sent from England also surface, but with support inside and it made it fine.
                    '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
                    '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
                    '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
                    '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
                    '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
                    '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
                    '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

i dont have the money to order it.... the day before i got the message i bought a big bore kit for my 50cc scooter
                      Last edited by geoacuraisuzu; 04-17-2014, 04:26 AM.

Comment

You need the fenders also. Nothing fits without the fenders.
                        Chuck
                        Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
                        If money will fix it, it's not broken
                        91 GL -Ol' Rusty
                        93 GL - Lil Red
                        91 L - Tweetystiva
                        http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
                        http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

Originally posted by hotfordcat View Post
                          You need the fenders also. Nothing fits without the fenders.
                          What?? Only the newer pride corner lights need different fenders.... The 121 grille matches the stock festiva fenders

Comment

well if anybody is interested i can have a listing made up on ebay just let me know because my festiva is now my last priority on my project list

Comment

Working...
                            X