car mileage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car mileage?

hello all. i am (obviously) new to the forum. i currently do not own a festiva. although, i have been looking into buying one. i found a 93 L. good shape, good a/c, standard transmission, 100,000 miles.

basically my question is how many miles has your car seen. and if it applies how many did it see before the original motor laid down?

next, how much should one pay for what was listed above? ^^
    and what are some common problems to look for going into buying one?

thanks!

[BTW if i posted this in the wrong section, please move the thread and i apologize]

I have 154K miles on mine and the motor has been acting real well for the age.

Look for rust spots, frame damage. Check the pedals if the rubber on the brake pedal is really worn it usually means it has ALOT of city miles on it. If not it was mostly a highway car.

Black '89 Ford Festiva L with 4 Speed Manual Transmission

Comment

Originally posted by WBBulldogs
      I have 154K miles on mine and the motor has been acting real well for the age.

Look for rust spots, frame damage. Check the pedals if the rubber on the brake pedal is really worn it usually means it has ALOT of city miles on it. If not it was mostly a highway car.
      thanks man. I'm used to looking for general things in cars (rust, damage, etc.) i was wondering if there is anything festivas are like famous for, something out of the ordinary to look for.

and also, is 154k miles normal for a festiva? or do they normally lay down before this point?

Comment

mines just over 180k and going strong. it's basically stock.

92l efi 240K+ stock

Comment

The 88 I just pulled the motor out of had 215,000 , ran strong and didn't burn a drop of oil.

The only problems I have ever had with festivas is lifters clicking, they get clogged and need to be replaced. Its a simple job. I can do them in under an hour with basic hand tools but they run about $80.00 a set.
          money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

if taken care of they can last forever. my first motor had over 250,000 when i bought it and ran strong (would still be running strong if i would have fixed an oil leek ops: )
            90 L FI..second B3
            90 L Parts car
            Jay

Comment

The 89 4 speed I once had got to 205,000 before I gave it to a friend. The clutch was pretty shot and the hatch was rusting through at the bottom and the right passenger door had rust on it. The ball joints had to be replaced on it too once. The engine was running perfect. Once had to have the distributer changed as it had cracked and wouldnt start the car on damp days. We abused the heck out of that car though and now I wish we had babied it. What a great car. We would average 38-42 mpg right on the epa mark. If I had known then what I know about cars I probably could have gotten 50mpg out of it. I now have a 92 5 speed with 137,000 on it. I just got it and there are a few problems with it but I think it was abused and neglected more than mine was.

Comment

My 9 L 5 speed has over 230K on the original engine and only its second clutch. The engine is beginning to show its age and has definitely lost some power over the years I've owned it but its still very reliable and doesn't burn a drop of oil
                Paul
                91GL
                Menomonee Falls, WI

Comment

205k on my 93 with A/C and an auto!
                  Brian
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                  :fish:

Comment

Mileage

There was Festiva in the paper here about 3 months ago with 360,000 miles on the original engine and automatic tranny! I called and he said it was in pretty good shape and still ran good. I wasn't interested since it was an automatic.
                    1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
                    1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
                    1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
                    1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
                    1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
                    1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
                    1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

i don't think i'd buy a festiva w/ that many miles on it unless it was for a project. or if it was cheap enough. you can never have to many festivas.

92l efi 240K+ stock

Comment

My first engine lasted 265,000 miles when the #3 cylinder quit pulling its weight. It was cheaper to replace it then to have it rebuilt. So that's what I did. The second engine has 217,000 miles on it and still running strong.
                        My car has over 462,000 miles.
                        ~Jeff
                        1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
                        1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
                        2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

Mine has 199k on it and is still going strong!

It still gets 45 mpg too!
                          White '89L auto - Sold!
                          Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

not very many people can say they own a car with 400k on it. even 300k is a lot. 5.0, is your car w/ the high miles stock or what have you had to replace?

92l efi 240K+ stock

Comment

Mines about 90k Tranny's still sh*t though, but the motor's great.

Comment

Working...
                              X