Entering Gas Mileage on EPA Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entering Gas Mileage on EPA Website

Hello I noticed the EPA website I frequently visit didn't have much festiva owners posting the gas mileage. http://www.fueleconomy.gov/mpg/MPG.do?action=browseList
    This helps for car buyers to see what they theoretically could squeeze out of their prospective cars providing they are in the best shape. There is a little bit of a competitive thing going on too to see who can get the best gas mileage. I see one with a 92 5 speed getting 48.4 miles to the gallon. http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/2001c...ef.jsp?id=8695 Anyone here getting better than that?

Let's show people they don't need an expensive hybrid. Just need a festiva.

PS: I also have a 99 ZX2 that I average almost 35mpg on it. Once I got 44mpg on a recent road trip.

MPG

The guy I got my '91 L with a 5 Speed from, says he got over 50 mpg on a trip with the A/C on!! I'll be registering it this week ... I'll let you know how it does. There's another guy says he got 54 mpg!
    1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
    1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
    1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
    1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
    1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
    1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
    1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

i added myself on there at 48mpg because that's the lowest i usually get. i can get over 50 on trips w/ mostly highway driving. and if speeds are 70-75mph. that's getting on the gas pedal pretty hard too. i haven't noticed much difference the last couple months though w/o the backseat in but i don't think it's that heavy anyways.

92l efi 240K+ stock

Comment

I got 50.96 uncorrected , because of the taller tires , which calculates to well over 51 mpg , the car had luggage ,extra parts and 2 people in it , coming home from PA. - Ohiostiva
        ------------------------------------------------
        The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
        Smart Passion white with H-D interior
        HD2500 Duramax Chevy
        Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
        Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
        Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
        Z28 LS1 power 500 +
        90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
        It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

That's fricken amazing! I'm looking very forward to getting ahold of the tools that I can fix my 92 5 speed up with.

Comment

I've been tracking mine on there since I got it. I think I'm the one dragging down the avg. though. :roll:
            Lobo
            it's hard being cool.
            88 Festiva L
            99 V92C

Comment

Is yours the one getting 27? Although not bad compared to most cars for city mileage, there might be something wrong. The brakes currently are dragging in the one I have and as a result it's only getting 32 so I'm told. Do you have a lot of miles? After fixing it up I am hoping to squeeze 50 or better out of it.

Comment

is anyone else having trouble seeing all the entries? i can only see the first one.

92l efi 240K+ stock

Comment

yes, my avg. is 27, but then again, that was from day 1. it's now getting 31 as an avg., since I tuned it up. I still need to rebuild the carb, I just haven't had time. also, I'd say 80% of my driving is stop and go, so for that, I think it's ok. On highway trips, I've gotten 34 as an avg.

Lobo
                  it's hard being cool.
                  88 Festiva L
                  99 V92C

Comment

My carbureted 89 never got less than 38 no matter what. On the flip side I probably never got much more than 40mpg on the highway since it was a 4 speed and reved loud as heck.

Before rebuilding it try Gumout carb cleaner. It worked very well on cleaning out the carburetor. You take the lid off the carb, remove the filter, start the engine and have someone rev the engine lightly as you spray it in and around the carb and throttle body to clean out all the workings. Wipe the muck off inside with a clean rag. The engine ran noticeably smoother and quieter after I used that stuff a couple times. You have to be careful as gumout will stall the engine if you get too much into the throttle b. Since you tuned it up you probably replaced the air filter already and did anything else I can think of. Also make sure your tires are inflated somewhat above factory spec. With mine the wheels aren't turning as freely without making a sound as a new one would so I'm considering having it professionally lubed. If you jack up each of the wheels one at a time and then spin them see how freely they spin. If they don't spin freely without making noise then you're getting friction in there killing your mileage. Hopefully niether you nor I have to have the berings changed.

Comment

Check ecomodder.com too. I have been getting ~39, but that's with a fubar stock carb and all the valves >.040 clearance, which has been corrected. Still on ratty 12" tires, till i can find 13 or 14" replacement wheels and put tires on. I keep about 40psi best I can, a couple don't stay up well. It's a good place to see modifications as well as people's real world figures.

Comment

MPG......MPH
                        90 L 5-speed, no air, 13" front tires, driving at the speed listed.
                        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

90 L (Aspire) 5 speed, no air, 155/80-12 tires w/44psi, timing 3 degrees advanced

Driven "aggressively"

Best 42.3 MPG
                          Worst 38.1 MPG
                          Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                          '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                          '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

My carb'd four speed and five speeds got 42 mpg mixed driving...the fueli I just sold gets 45 to 48 on trips according to Doug.

Comment

Forgot to add this one:

MPG......MPH
                              50.6.....various--city-street hypermiling
                              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                              X