New 92 Capri XR2 and some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 92 Capri XR2 and some questions

Last night I became the semi proud new owner of a 92 Capri XR2 convertible 5 speed parts car The engine blew a timing belt and I got it for a great price. Are the B6T motors an interference engine? I already have a B6T and everything to put it into my car so the only thing I really wanted from this car is the transmission axles and intermediate shaft. It will be nice to have access to all the extra engine and electrical parts though. This is just what I needed to make me decide to find another Festiva 5 speed car for an engine swap!!!
    Paul
    91GL
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Paul
    If you do not use/keep this motor from the Capri I would be interested in the engine wiring harness.
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

great find, how much did you pay?
      Had two 93 Gl's Sold one siezed one and parted out threw these forums. A naturally born festy lover. Bought 3 festivas but 1 might have to go, let you know soon.

Comment

Not much at all lets just say it was cheaper than buying the transmission alone from a junkyard around here.

As for the harness, when I get the car home this coming weekend I will look it over and see whats any good and whats not. Once i get a chance to strip it down I will more than likely be offering some things up for sale
        Paul
        91GL
        Menomonee Falls, WI

Comment

too bad you didnt live close to connecticut i have a parts car, due to motor running rough and i know someone with a festy for sale.
          Had two 93 Gl's Sold one siezed one and parted out threw these forums. A naturally born festy lover. Bought 3 festivas but 1 might have to go, let you know soon.

Comment

Yeah I'm having a hard time finding a clean 90 or newer 5 speed Festiva to transplant all the parts I've been gathering into. For the right price I would be willing to travel
            Paul
            91GL
            Menomonee Falls, WI

Comment

well I dont know if it would make it to your location. Its not in the best shape either. the previous owner dented alot so, i guess it wouldnt be a good choice, but you should sell me your b6t and tranny im having a hard time finding a donor car in my area, i can pull it myyself at the junkyard but no guarentees it will run.

Comment

It is a non interference engine. It may be worth the effort to put a timing belt on and get it running. Then see how good the engine is and either you'll have a spare or can recoup your costs by selling it.

After selling my engine, harness and many other parts from the 323gt I ended up with a free tranny.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
                BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
                BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
                New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

That's what I was hoping to hear Matt! I have a new timing belt here for the B6T I already have. As long as there a non interference engine that will be my first step. Slap the timing belt on it and see how it runs and drives before I strip it down!! Thanks
                  Paul
                  91GL
                  Menomonee Falls, WI

Comment

just rotate the cams and see if everything rotates and operates smoothly.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
                    BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
                    BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
                    New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

As soon as I get it home I am going to try to turn the cams and see if everything clears before putting a new timing belt on it and trying to get it started. The repair manual I was looking at lists the B6T as an interference engine so that makes me a little worried about the valve train
                      Paul
                      91GL
                      Menomonee Falls, WI

Comment

I found a 93 l for sale. A nice blue, newer tires, newer windshield, newer belts. Small dents on roof, small dent on quarter, different shape of blue grill, And it has an oil problem. he says it has a leak and it hits the alternator and it goes every where he said 750 takes it. i have the parts car maybe we can use parts off of that so you can make it home. no guartees its a long drive to your location. good candidate for the motor swap, Pictures are unavailable till possibly next week, but I could make him a offer he didn't want to go lower than 700. just a thought

Comment

Hmmm that sounds pretty good to me as long as there's little to no rust on it and its a FI 5 speed car. I would have to wait to see some pics of it before making any kind of decision on it since its a pretty far ways away from here. An oil leak doesn't bother me since it just has to run long enough to get back to WI. Thanks for the info on the car and keep me updated!!
                          Paul
                          91GL
                          Menomonee Falls, WI

Comment

im going to buy it this weekend as either another festiva or if you want it then i will sell to you for the same price. Ill aim for pictures by this weekend.

Comment

Cool! I cant find anything around here that isn't rusted up or beat to death
                              Paul
                              91GL
                              Menomonee Falls, WI

Comment

Working...
                              X