Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why I'm Thankful to be in a Festy again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I'm Thankful to be in a Festy again...

Hi Everyone,

So I foolishly moved away from Festivas for a few years. I made a little money, so figured I could afford something "better" I bought a Toyota Echo (great cars, but sedans. Yuk!) Then a Yaris (mid 30's MPG's no matter how hard you try) I wouldn't punish myself with a metro again to save my life.

Now I'm back in a 1991 festiva L. It just turned 210K and still running like a top.

I'm visiting a friend in San Diego right now, and I haven't had to hunt for a parking spot yet. The only car easier to park down here in the Smart and the IQ. I've been squeezing into little half spots between 4runners and BMW's all day long (even downtown) I got 45 MPG coming down I5 a week ago. I've been finding extra sets of 12 inch tires and rims (already on Festy wheels) on Craigslist for a song. I've got extra motors and transmissions. Shoot, a friend even gave me an entire Festiva, all I had to do was tow it back from Maryland (same color, so I don't even have to register it, just swap plates)

Anyway, I know I'm preaching to the converted here, but there really is no better car for the common man than a festiva. Small, yet roomy. Economical in all ways. Simple, tough and unassuming. I honestly could care less anymore if people (females) think I'm "poor" or unsuccessful since I drive such a plain vehicle. It does me the favor of figuring out their shallow values for me.

F/X
    Because....45 MPG.

Aww yeah I am loving it.
    My wife doesn't understand and shes jealous.
    Im thinkin shel see after paint job is done
    91 festiva L five speed red/black
    74 Honda cl200
    89 festiva Lx efi automatic grey
    90 festiva L aqua blue parts car

Comment

Hi festyxfi, long time no hear from. On the way back to MN you might try to swing by Phoenix, meet Charlie/Advancedynamix, and tour the JYs for pristine Festys.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Long time no hear from.
        New phone number, PM me for it.
        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
        Your holy ghost will not save you.
        Your God plutonium will not save you.
        In fact...
        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Working...
        X