Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You ever feel that you spent too much money on your Festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You ever feel that you spent too much money on your Festiva?

Just a question for you all.

Do you ever get the feeling you put way too much money into a Festiva, and barely getting any results out of the money you spent?

Like, I have over $2k into my car, and haven't much to show for it. The body is still dented and rusty, and I got a B6 motor that I can't figure out whatever issues it is having with the idle.
    This also doesn't include the money spent on little things like general maintenance stuff, and tools, and cans of spray paint.

Like I don't think I will be where I want to be at with the car, until I have spent at least another $500+ for a Aspire Swap, and body work/rust repair, and paint.
    Plus I may eventually sell off the B6 and opt for a B8, but that is further in the future.

In Total I have spent around $2500+ on this car, that includes the purchase price of the car. So technically I am still coming out on top compared to buying a new car, or a much newer car with more serious problems.
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

:lol: I have upwards of $2k into just my body kit....

Let alone anything under the hood.....

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

My car owes me well over $5k and its not even running yet.

If it were a dd, I would be upset. But its a project/hobby, and not a business investment, so I'm not gonna sweat on it
      1988 MAZDA 121- B6T + G5MR SWAP IN PROGRESS.

Comment

Its sickening thinking how much is in mine and thr things i could have bought instead. If i tried to srll it or part it out id be lucky to get a quarter of whats in it.

Comment

I have no regrets though.

Comment

You ever feel that you spent too much money on your Festiva?

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
            Same here :lol: at least mines not a garage ornament anymore lol makes me feel a bit better about spending all that money lol
            Last edited by Damkid; 04-25-2014, 02:13 PM.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Well, I have $1k+ just in my B3 head and another $1k+ in the block and other misc engine parts. Not to mention, new axles, brakes, and Autometer gauges. Sometimes I think "WTF am I doing??". Then I see the clean engine bay and hear it run and I know that it was all worth it. To me at least. Some people still give me crap about putting so much money into my car but they just don't understand the Festiva disease.
              Last edited by gergorian; 04-25-2014, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Hahahah.... To answer your question: Yes.

It's scary to think we've spent upwards of $30k campaigning our 24 Hours of LeMons car, and I can easily think of another $5k worth of mods I could do tomorrow if I had the money.
                #33 Ford Festiva "We Are Not Really From Iran" - 24-Hours of LeMons 3x Trophy Winner & Class B Winner

Comment

Well, I have maybe $2,500 in mine, and it can outrun a $30,000+ muscle car in a 1/4 mile...

And now that I know what I'm doing, I could probably build it over again for a lot less.
                  91GL BP/F3A with boost
                  13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
                    Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                    Same here :lol: at least mines not a garage ornament anymore
                    Mine still is a garage ornament and I have no regrets. Can't buy a new car that will handle the way these can and go as fast as these cars can, even for what I will have into mine when it's all said and done.
                    -Bryant

Comment

Nope
                      If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Everytime I see the price of gas rise again, I have no regrets. Torque, I still have a set of twin carbies for sale. No computer control. No codes. No headaches.

Comment

How much are you asking for the carbs?

Comment

To make a 25 year old, $350.00 beater with a heater road worthy.Is gonna take time and money, no way getting around it.Love the gas mileage and the performance capabilities of these shoebox cars. IMO they are worth the PITA that comes along with getting a 25 yr old car.
                            Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                            Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                            Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

All the time. But I'm OK with it.

Maybe it would make you feel better if you insure it for what you really have in it. I don't know specifically how you'd do that, but might be something to check into.
                              Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                              91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Working...
                              X