25th anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25th anniversary

April marked the 25th year I've had my Festiva. Brought it home from the Ford dealership April 1989. Paid $8,200. I've been told a 25th anniversary is associated with silver in some way and it's no coincidence the Feativa is silver grey becuase I wanted a car which would resist heating up in summer sunshine for my dog who went everywhere with me, and a car "the colour of duct tape" to be able to cover up dings with that ubiquitous material. Friday last I went to an evening of folk singing with friends and sang "Little Nash Rambler" in the Festiva's honour. Nobody there knew of anyone who's had a car, and only that car, for 25 years.
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

that's along time is it still all oem? post up some pics of it. I bet you have saved a small fortune with it

Comment

Originally posted by WmWatt View Post
      April marked the 25th year I've had my Festiva. Brought it home from the Ford dealership April 1989. Paid $8,200. I've been told a 25th anniversary is associated with silver in some way and it's no coincidence the Feativa is silver grey becuase I wanted a car which would resist heating up in summer sunshine for my dog who went everywhere with me, and a car "the colour of duct tape" to be able to cover up dings with that ubiquitous material. Friday last I went to an evening of folk singing with friends and sang "Little Nash Rambler" in the Festiva's honour. Nobody there knew of anyone who's had a car, and only that car, for 25 years.
      Congrats on 25 years. Very very few folks (especially in salty Ottawa) have ever owned and driven a car for 1/4 century. I too have owned a daily driver vehicle since 1989 which happens to be my neighbour's 86 F150, which he had bought new and I bought for 1/2 the price when it turned age 3 in 1989 with 30,000 km on it.
      If there are some unique Festy parts you're looking for you'd better contact me very soon. My 'fleet of three' sold a few hours ago and an entire truckload of parts is going to be jettisoned with them. Two complete and rebuilt Aspire undercarriages are included. I have encouraged these lads (the 3 joint buyers) to join fordfestiva.com so all is not lost and the fellows seem keen enough.

Comment

Congrats Man!!
        1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
        1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
        1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
        2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
        2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
        2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
        1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

wanw

Q: Who da man ??
          A: You !!
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

This might be a cool new thread. Longest ownership of the same Festiva thread. I have had 7 or so but longest one is about 3 yrs or so. That actually makes it the longest I have ever owned any car in the 25 yrs I have been driving over 30 different cars.

Maybe you could start the thread WmWatt? It would be fitting.
            -Bryant

Comment

must be a loaded LX. i have 3 window stickers from 90s festivas. all priced under $7k

Comment

Bert: good to hear there will be more Festiva owners in Ottawa area.
                F3BZ: Cars cost more in Canadian dollars, something about the Auto Pact between Canada and USA and foreign
                exchange rates. Replacement parts normally cost 50% more and many US suppliers don't ship to Canada.
                Blueoval: Saved a lot on depreciaton by hanging onto one car. Saved on maintenance by learning how to do most myself
                with a lot of advice from this website. I'm on most days looking for ways to help in return by sharing info. Like
                that about Internet, communication among widely scattered people with same interest.

I left the workforce early so have not had to commute. The car only has 122k km on it. Hardly drive it at all in winter.
                Did go for month long camping trips to the Maritimes with my dog in the 90's. Took out the back seat the day I bought the car and never had it back in. Sitting in the basement never used. Nice little car. Hope to keep it for a long time yet.
                Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Awesome! I bought mine new in spring of 1993.
                  Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                  Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                  "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

if I would of driven one when I was a teenager I would of bought one new wish you could go to dealership and order a new one. that would be awesome if you could order any vehicle ever made

Comment

Congratulations!! Do you still have the paperwork from the dealer? I still have my bill of sale. I bought mine May 16, 1990 for $6594.00. The paperwork is still in the glove box after all these years.
                      Mine has 342288 miles on it.
                      Last edited by Team Lightning; 05-05-2014, 08:36 PM.
                      Jerry
                      Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                      90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                      92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                      93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
                        Awesome! I bought mine new in spring of 1993.
                        Ditto, I also have a 1989 Festiva and am eagerly waiting to buy a historic tag for it. One time inspection and a permanent license.
                        sigpic
                        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by WmWatt View Post
                          This is an awesome story! It's easy to see why someone would hold on to one of these for so long.

Originally posted by blueoval View Post
                          if I would of driven one when I was a teenager I would of bought one new wish you could go to dealership and order a new one. that would be awesome if you could order any vehicle ever made
                          I wanted one when they were new, but didn't even have enough money to buy a Festiva. Luckily though, you can still find them in good enough shape to make them like new, or even better than new for about the same money as buying a new one in 1989, so not all is lost.
                          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Simply awesome!!

Comment

I've had mine since 2004 and got it for a good price, Free. Son in law gave it to me. Colorado has stopped the historic tag on cars here. torqued me off.
                              Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
                              93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
                              01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Working...
                              X