Hi people ... I got my 1st Festiva today ! Upstate NY here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi people ... I got my 1st Festiva today ! Upstate NY here

It's a 1993, 5-speed, new rockers in & out, new brakes, shocks, fuel lines, extra studded snow tires, sunroof, ONLY 91,337 MILES,
    VIN: KNJPT05HXP6131459

I was trying to find the best, little, lightweight, inexpensive, reliable car out there to tow behind my motorhome. New cars like the smart car and the fiat, or the mini and the yaris are all too expensive for me. I saw my Festiva in an online auction and started researching it. I found out that people LOVE these cars! I didn't realize they were so reliable and had such a cult following. I think I'll be happy with my new toy! I probably paid a bit too much ($1917 with all the auction fees & taxes) but oh well!

The passngers side mirror is missing and the window rolls up crooked. Anyone have a mirror and whatever part/s I might need to make the window roll up right? THANKS!

0181.jpg 004.jpg
    Last edited by d0n; 05-12-2014, 08:44 PM.

If it's just an l it probably only came with one mirror.
    As far as the windows a little silicone spray will help with your windows. But it's not a fix, it's usually a worn window regular. No new ones available around here, your best bet is fine some in the junk yard with less play in the regular.
    You say it had new rocks put in I would check for rot around the rear suspension mounting points it's about the only thing that will slow a festiva down
    And you will love your new ride.

Comment

Hey Will thanks! It is just an L I think. What's the least expensive way to add a roof rack to the festiva? I want to put one of those storage pods up there.
      Last edited by d0n; 05-12-2014, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Yeah a few companies make them or you can get a factory one.
        Sport rack makes one for the festiva for about 100.
        Or you can make one like mine for about 25 bucks.

Here's a link. http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ight=roof+rack
        Last edited by william; 05-12-2014, 08:55 PM.

Comment

great thanks ty1

This one's a bit pricey! I like yours;

Last edited by d0n; 05-12-2014, 09:11 PM.

Comment

New rockers?? Tell me more!
            1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
            Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
            daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
            A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

welcomsign d0n.

Your Festiva sort of looks like mine. I also have a 93 with gray bumpers. I also bought mine at auction. The only difference being, my winning bid was $248. I don't have a sunroof.
              I am sure you will discover a lot of very interesting things on this forum. What does it say on the label that's in the middle of your rear hatch?
              Last edited by bravekozak; 05-12-2014, 10:26 PM.

Comment

d0n wrote: "I probably paid a bit too much ($1917 with all the auction fees & taxes) but oh well!"

At 91K miles, that price is quite reasonable if everything works okay and isn't in too bad of shape.

Check underneath for rust. Check brake lines for rust. Check ball joints for play.

If everything checks out, I think you got a great deal.

Karl
                '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Did it come from Litchfield Maine??

Comment

yes from litchfield. Were you bidding too? I heard there were 3 other guys bidding on it at the auction. I was online and didn't even know if it ran on not. I took a gamble.

thanks for the replies folks.

Comment

No, I was not bidding on it.. I saw it posted on Craigslist and they wanted 2750.00 (I think)for it. What auction site was it on?

Comment

keenan auctions. Wow $2750?! Maybe I did get a deal.

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...93-FORD-FIESTA

I found it on another maine classified site too. Thanks for telling me! I feel like I got a good deal now. htd

America's premier classified ad destination both in print and online. Buy, sell or trade bargains on used cars, trucks, pets, guns, atv's, snowmobiles
                        Last edited by d0n; 05-14-2014, 08:16 AM.

Comment

I found it on facebook too

https://www.facebook.com/BKAUTO1022#...type=1&theater

Comment

Working...
                          X