explain megasquirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• explain megasquirt

Please don't jump on me but I am new to proformance tunning and am unlearned in such.
    Can someone explain to me this megasquirt.
    I am interested in learning more.
    91 festiva L five speed red/black
    74 Honda cl200
    89 festiva Lx efi automatic grey
    90 festiva L aqua blue parts car

-M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Thanks Mental man !
      something I always wanted to learn.
      Lots of hours of confused reading ahead.
      If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

In a sum it's a programmable computer (ecu) for your car. You make your timing map, fuel map, and some have a lot of other maps but those are the main 2. If you have never seen a map of fuel this 1 is for a bp and has timing but fuel looks similar. Basically your car will hit these points on a graph you have to tell it what timing you want at a certain rpm and how much fuel to make the car run. Everything is changeable. You can change warmup curves, injectors, everything. It's endless.

Unlike your mazda brain that sells for a couple hundred less that will always do the same thing. Once the megasquirt is tuned you never have to change it so essentially you could get a good stock map and run a stock car as normal. I wished someone would do some mileage test on ms with a 1.3l. I bet you could improve on the 42 they already get. Probably go 50mpg easily.
        1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

OK to much readin for me I work 50 hour weeks and am working on my degrees
          I was curious though and am still interested, maybe in the future
          91 festiva L five speed red/black
          74 Honda cl200
          89 festiva Lx efi automatic grey
          90 festiva L aqua blue parts car

Comment

Your probably too busy. I wouldn't worry about it. Ms is for us people who don't have lives. Or degrees. Or jobs I suppose.
            1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Working...
            X