Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junk Yard TREASURES

Hello All,

Today was HOT as heck here, mid to high 90s, but couldn't let a half price day at the junkyard go to waste. Check out the findings!!!

POWER steering oh yessss!! Now, I need to find a way to put in my b8 swapped Festy anyone done it? Any issues? Does the power steering and AC
    work on the same belt?

-RALPH

good haul!
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

I highly recommend rebuilding that power steering pump before you install it.
      My car cover curled under my bumper and a slow leak from my pump over the winter soaked it. Now I have to wash it and add another liter of p/s fluid.

The same goes for the p/s rack.

Yes, power steering and A/C work on the same belt.

My favorite junkyard has $50 all you can carry Saturdays all summer.
      Last edited by bravekozak; 05-25-2014, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
        My favorite junkyard has $50 all you can carry Saturdays all summer.
        WHAAAAAT??? That would be awesome !!!
        Last edited by Gomez; 05-25-2014, 07:42 PM.
        -Bryant

Comment

Id find some way to cheat :p
          -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
          -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Only 97k miles before it ended up in a junkyard.

Let's just say my parent's 2006 Ford Fusion has around that many miles.

I hate the mentality of people who look at Festivas, and other small econoboxes like they are throwaway cars, but that is what is going to make them worth something one of these days, but that may take another 10-20 years.
            Last edited by TorqueEffect; 05-25-2014, 09:10 PM.
            1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
            2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
            1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Ya the car seemed like it was rolled, it had a lot of great parts, i'm even assuming the engine is still good, was tempted to pull out the engine just in case i got another festy; with only 97,xxx cant beat that. I will definitely look into rebuilding the P/S. I think I seen a write up somewhere. I'm heading over to another junkyard tomorrow hope to find more upgrade. Hopefully I can find A/C. If anyone needs anything let me know; and ill try and snag it up.

Comment

did you get the passenger mirror?
                92 GL, 98k
                77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

No, but I can if you need it. I think its the regular one; not powered . I need to go back there tomorrow and grab a few things anyway.

Comment

or maybe a decent sized tree branch fell on it.

Looks like someone called the insurance company up, and the insurrance company immediatly looked at the KBB value and totaled it.
                    Rollover would look more extensive than that.
                    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 05-25-2014, 11:46 PM.
                    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Working...
                    X