Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...and then there were five!

Picked up another one today along with a bunch of spares

It's a five speed with over 430,000km on it. Engine has been replaced (thanks to Icedawg for bringing it down a couple of years ago). Came with replacement front fenders, passenger door and hatch. Needs new interior which will come from the parts car. Also has a complete set of white factory alloys. Initial plan is to fix this one up and either sell it or keep it for the kids once they have their licenses!
    Last edited by fastivaca; 05-31-2014, 01:24 PM.
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Nice find
    93 Festiva L Aqua(Fern) 5speed 218,000kms-DD and holding on (rusting )
    93 Festiva L Caymen green Metallic 156,000km. 5speedOngoing project
    90 Festiva L Bright Blue Metallic 36,000km,5speed, my rust free BPproject.

Comment

Ian -

Nice! At worst, you've got a lot more spare parts to work with. Is that rust or mud around the rear wheel well?

On another issue, did you get my PM regarding the trim pillars?
      88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
      88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
      91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
      93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

Originally posted by Twistiva View Post
        Ian -

Nice! At worst, you've got a lot more spare parts to work with. Is that rust or mud around the rear wheel well?

On another issue, did you get my PM regarding the trim pillars?
        Yes I did. Check your mailbox.

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!
        Ian
        Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

Good for you. I strongly suspect the three runners I sold as a package all disappeared into a backyard demolition derby. The group of buyers couldn't be bothered to come pick up the additional spare parts that came with the deal. Bugs me as that means two intact Aspire suspensions/springs/wheels also got demolished within a few minutes. Same for tach clusters and LX interiors. I'll know more in the next few days. The boxes of headlamps and tail lights I gave them etc presumably all went right straight to the dump.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
            Good for you. I strongly suspect the three runners I sold as a package all disappeared into a backyard demolition derby. The group of buyers couldn't be bothered to come pick up the additional spare parts that came with the deal. Bugs me as that means two intact Aspire suspensions/springs/wheels also got demolished within a few minutes. Same for tach clusters and LX interiors. I'll know more in the next few days. The boxes of headlamps and tail lights I gave them etc presumably all went right straight to the dump.
            Man, that would suck. I wouldn't exactly be calling them to pick up the other parts they paid for....
            88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
            88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
            91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
            93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

htd
              1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
              1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
              1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
              2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
              2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
              2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
              1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

Rear end seems to be sitting low... I see struts in your future. (Unless the back is full of parts, that is.)
                1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
                Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
                daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
                A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

Originally posted by Basement_Modder View Post
                  Rear end seems to be sitting low... I see struts in your future. (Unless the back is full of parts, that is.)
                  Hatch is indeed full of parts!

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!
                  Ian
                  Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

nice grab!
                    Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                      I hate to hear that. I never plan on selling it, but if I do that would be my #1 worry....Flash in the dump or crushed

Comment

Working...
                      X