Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why a festiva? Why not a Geo Metro or Honda Civic or Pontiac firefly all from 90s...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why a festiva? Why not a Geo Metro or Honda Civic or Pontiac firefly all from 90s...

and they all get great gas mileage. Why a festiva for you?

BLASPHEME! never print those words again......sheeesh!
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
      BLASPHEME! never print those words again......sheeesh!
      :thumbs_up:
      Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
      Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
      Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
      Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
      http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

I grew up with Fords. It was a 5 speed. Geos imho are ugly, Honduhhh civics are boring, fireflys weren't sold in the states, and Chevy sprints are very hard to come by.

Also Mazda engineering >>>>> everything else

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk
        Last edited by TorqueEffect; 06-03-2014, 01:31 PM.
        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Cuz it was $240. And has ran for 4 years without any issues. Plus people get all jelly when you can find parking anywhere .
          93 Festiva L Aqua(Fern) 5speed 218,000kms-DD and holding on (rusting )
          93 Festiva L Caymen green Metallic 156,000km. 5speedOngoing project
          90 Festiva L Bright Blue Metallic 36,000km,5speed, my rust free BPproject.

Comment

Festivas are probably the best all around small car from 88-93 (especially fuel injected). The combination of affordability + utility makes them better than a Metro even if you can save another $200 a year with one. A Civic is a very good car, but allot more expensive to purchase and maintain, and they lack the same utility as well. Just my 2 cents.
            My Fuel Log

See post #10 for my tips on fuel economy

Comment

To the hole with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Genevadirt, how many point for this infraction?
              '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
              '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
              '92 Aqua parts Car
              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
              '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
              Your holy ghost will not save you.
              Your God plutonium will not save you.
              In fact...
              ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Cause it was free and after I drove it I just fell in love with the little car. Its like finding a puppy and once it licks your face you fall in love with it. With a Festiva, once you turn that key on and start driving it, it's like that first puppy lick.
                Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
                93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
                01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

I had a Festy and a Metro at the same time in the 90s. The Metro seemed like a cheaply-built car, and the Festiva didn't. Nor are Metro motors known for their longevity, like the B-series motors are.
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

SILENCE !
                    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Wanted a turbo sleeper... couldn't find what I ideally wanted, so I made do with a chassis with a decent price point and build potential.
                      1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Grew up with them, then learned the potential for engine swaps.....

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Unique, under the radar compared to others.. Always have loved hatchbacks, parents owned two and i remember riding in one as a kid. Got one and been hooked since.. 11-12 and counting now haha
                          -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                          -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                          -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Well, although I don't currently own one...I've had three. I've always liked two door hatch cars.....had several Dodge Colt Turbos, one brand new. And now I have an 08 Yaris.....
                            Originally I was gonna get a Festy and chop it, but fell in love with it the way it was.....has anyone chopped one yet?

My first one was 900 bux and it ran and ran and ran, I put nearly 30k on it. Painted it and sold it. Then I got a five speed 92 GL....moved...had to sell it. In between I had an 88 4 speed but never drove it, just worked on it. Warped head I think.

So, that's why, cheap, pretty easy to find most parts and eventually I'll have another one. I always look for them on CL and Ebay and on the road....its an addiction pretty much.
                            92 GL, 98k
                            77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

Originally posted by jimdigs View Post
                              and they all get great gas mileage. Why a festiva for you?
                              Your ex-wife's fleeced you of home and possessions and you're still looking to get to work and not appear flush. Worked for me from 04 to recently. The 05 Toyota Echo I recently inherited is much the same thing but has 'inherent value and desirability (and simplicity and reliability)' which is something no offshore econobox Ford ever managed to achieve. Civics attract a funky class of 'spare no expense tuners' of which I never had any sympathy or interest and Metros/Fireflies/Swifts become complete junk shortly after they get through a single rust belt winter.

Comment

Working...
                              X