Crazy/ Maaaad Idea for my Ford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy/ Maaaad Idea for my Ford

So, i"ve been thinking of what to do the past couple weeks, and I've been waiting patiently for my paycheck. I had a this mad idea of how to make my Festvia look good. Firstly, i'd need 20 can of white glossy spray paint. I'd also need that gunky stuff marty and moog used to fix thier bumper and panel demts. When thats done, I'll use sandpaper to rough out the whole car, then some wax and grease remover to prep for paint, and then spray paint the car Glossy White with 20 or so cans of spray paint.

What do you guys think? Of course I'll cover the windscreen, tyres and important bits with newspaper, but the real question, is this effective, will the glossy spray paint peel off in a couple of months or so?

Any feedback or recommendations are welcome.

P.S the reason I thought of this was to make it a budget mod, under $100 or so.

If you prep the car properly if will hold up.
    Although the quality of paint with not be as good an an automotive finish and you will wanna keep some wax on it to keep it from fading.
    Good luck. The prep is them most important part take your time here and it will look good.

Comment

If your looking for a budget paint job, look up Rustoleum Paint Job in youtube. Lots of people have had good results for cheap. Won't be perfect, but it won't be any worse than a spray can job.
      - Form should follow function...

Comment

Originally posted by william View Post
        If you prep the car properly if will hold up.
        Although the quality of paint with not be as good an an automotive finish and you will wanna keep some wax on it to keep it from fading.
        Good luck. The prep is them most important part take your time here and it will look good.
        Yep, definetly going to prep before painting. I'll have to check bunnings or so for some wet sandpaper and such, and I might rent out a buffer. After that, clear coat of spray paint and start.

Comment

Originally posted by SiliconSoul View Post
          If your looking for a budget paint job, look up Rustoleum Paint Job in youtube. Lots of people have had good results for cheap. Won't be perfect, but it won't be any worse than a spray can job.
          I was actually thinking of doing what Marty and Moog did to thier 180sx in the DIY Build where they spray painted it with Green Matte. It looked good, but mine will be glossy.

Comment

what sandpaper grit do I use?

Comment

If you're not priming ,paint over 400. Or 600 I like to use the most aggressive paper my paint will cover. This insures the best bite.
              But since you are using spray paint I would go with 600. That way it won't shrink and show sand scratches.
              If you are asking about the grits for the hole job I would say 80 grit. For before the body filler. 180 to sand filler before primer, than 600 before paint.
              If your doing the door jams. Do your self a favor and get some red (320/400) scotch bright pads. This will get down into the tight spots so the paint will stick.
              Last edited by william; 06-25-2014, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X