How much to pay for Capri XR2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much to pay for Capri XR2

How much would you pay for a running and driving Capri XR2 if you just wanted to pull parts off of it? Basically I just want the tranny, linkages, engine, wiring, etc. 130k miles
    Last edited by vanhick; 06-25-2014, 11:34 AM.

depending on overall shape and tune, and based on recent asking prices, my guess is from $900 - $2000. is it a private owner? trouble is he might not care that you want it for the parts mentioned. he wants what he considers a fair price for a clean running complete XR2, not a basket of parts. i'd have to think that soon, a cheap XR2 donor is going to be hard to find. not only because the newest one is 20 yrs. old, but most of the ones that were abused and would be good for parts are mostly crushed and gone and the ones that are nice or pristine are being kept, restored, or being sold for a good bit more than $2000. not saying you should or shouldn't pass and wait for a better deal but i think the window on cheap and complete XR2s is getting narrower.

Comment

There's one near me for $1300 that runs and drives with 130K. I'm just trying to decide if that's too much if I plan on just taking half the parts off of it.

Comment

Originally posted by vanhick View Post
        There's one near me for $1300 that runs and drives with 130K. I'm just trying to decide if that's too much if I plan on just taking half the parts off of it.
        Bad luck if it looks OK and runs and drives, and all you want is parts. Lo-ball the owner and make it perfectly clear you have no intention of fixing or driving it. That way he has an 'out' should nobody else come sniffing around regarding the asking price. $1300 is a lot of money for an engine, that you will then have to remove. 114.3 wheel bolt pattern and the captive and solid front rotors on them, to me, is not what you want anymore either. Dilemma for sure. Ya gotta remember a Festy with a Capri motor in it is likely only going to be worth $500 more than what you've got now. And that one will have to run and be drivable before anyone wants to buy it!.

Comment

I hate to see a good looking Capri parted just for an engine and transmission, I would see if anyone on team Capri would want to trade you everything for the swap + scrap price for the shell. For the running driving car. This way a Capri will live on. And you get your parts with out the work of pulling anything.

Comment

Originally posted by william View Post
            I hate to see a good looking Capri parted just for an engine and transmission, I would see if anyone on team Capri would want to trade you everything for the swap + scrap price for the shell. For the running driving car. This way a Capri will live on. And you get your parts with out the work of pulling anything.
            Car without the motor is like a man without a heart. These things (no matter how devoted to them you are) are 20+ years old and the only way remaining ones are going to become more desirable is if more and more are scrapped or otherwise disappear.
            To this day you can still buy a Ford Model A relatively cheap because there are hundreds of thousands of them still out there and some enterprising bunch of s. Americans have started making (affordably) every single repair part for them too.

Comment

Correct that's why I said trade the running driving. Car for the parts for the swap. There are people out there that love the capri.
              Just thought it would be a way for both people to get what they want.
              Last edited by william; 06-25-2014, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X