My Festiva stalls trying to take off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Festiva stalls trying to take off?

Hey people my ford festiva has just started to stall when stopping and starting again like I put my foot down and it drops revs and stalls anyone got any ideas what it could be? Also now when I start it blows blue smoke and quite abit cheers pete

You have blow-by, low compression and low vacuum.
    "Fred" 93 Festiva L B6-ME Swap
    “Though he is small, he is but fierce.”

Comment

Is it carb or efi? More info needed.
      Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
      Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
      Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
      Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
      http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

What's low comp mean guessing that's bad what about low vac? It's auto and carby! When I put my foot down wants to stall if it doesn't I can't even go flat foot it fluds or something I need to find the right throttle position almost about half then it will pick up. Doing my head in

Comment

Low compression can be caused by worn rings or a valve issue. The amount of vacuum your engine produces is a good indicator of engine mechanical and ignition performance. When you stated you put your foot down, I did not understand if you meant on the brake or throttle. Blue smoke is an indication of worn rings or valve stem seals leaking. It doesn't appear that you are getting the correct air/fuel mixture (either too much fuel or not enough air). Maybe some of our carb experts can shed some light on your problems.
          "Fred" 93 Festiva L B6-ME Swap
          “Though he is small, he is but fierce.”

Comment

Cheers man I'll mess around with it tomorrow I'm sure it can't get any worse
            Last edited by Pu241; 07-02-2014, 11:03 AM. Reason: language! Warning given and PM sent.

Comment

Pedro, I know you are new here, but please read the rules and watch the language in the future. Thanks!

Back to the issue at hand, sounds like dale is on the right track. I'd like to see pics of the car, I thought my sister had the only carb'd auto, its cool to know there is another one out there!
              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Sorry buddy i didn't say anything bad did I, haha ill get some pictures tomorrow cheers VOTE PEDRO

Comment

Working...
                X