Weight limit on my 89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight limit on my 89

Ok so I have to go to the airport and get my mother in law. I plan on taking my 89 festiva but I've been hearing it might not be a good idea since it will be my husband, mother in law and myself. And that the weight might not be good. Does any one know the weight limit?

Don't worry about it. Just give sufficient time for braking, considering you have two passengers and probably luggage.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
      Don't worry about it. Just give sufficient time for braking, considering you have two passengers and probably luggage.
      Considering all three of us are probably 750 lbs? Still?

Comment

I'd do it. I saw a loaded Festiva go a 5 hour drive home from my house today with stock suspension and brakes. Wasn't quite 750 lbs but 3 adults plus cargo. No problems.
        -Bryant

Comment

Myself plus my two children, a dog and a mountain of camping gear (even had to build and install a carry box on the roof) were crammed in a Festy for a month long journey to and through Newfoundland and back 8 years ago. Entirely wore out a set of tires (were obviously overloaded) during that excursion but the car made it. Do know that they were designed to seat and carry the weight of 4 adults!

Comment

Festivas are amazing creatures. They never cease to amaze me pretty much daily. I will have at least 2 til the end...
            -Bryant

Comment

Working...
            X