Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I saw an Aspire SE in a wrecking yard....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw an Aspire SE in a wrecking yard....

Hi ya'll, I was visiting a friend in Waynesboro PA (just across the border from Maryland, near Hagarstown) there's a nice Aspire in the wrecking yard there (Ellwood's wrecking yard) it has the sport wing, and some beautiful interior. Their prices are very reasonable (he quoted me the wing at $20 bucks) for example. I almost pulled it to offer up here, but I've been out of the loop for so long and don't know much about aspire bling wants and desires.

I hope this helps someone out. I have a friend there who could pull it upon request (he's unemployed, a few bucks for his trouble would be appreciated I imagine)

FX
    Because....45 MPG.

I think people would rather buy the entire hatch than just the wing. Something about the mounting studs.
    91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
    06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
    95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Definitely get the instrument cluster, door panels and seats. You should be able to sell that whole to a member who wants the SE interior for about $200-250. The cluster alone is worth over $100, as they are rarer even than Festy tach clusters. I can typically buy clusters for $25 in local JYs.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Are aspire seats bolt on replacements to festivas?

Comment

^ no

Wing is worth money it would be worth putting on ebay.

Whats the name of the place?
          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
          1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
          1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
          1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
          1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
          1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
          1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

You can swap the Aspire seat bak & cushion onto the Festy frame.
            It is an upgrade. Its more comfy.
            If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Originally posted by Flw Sock View Post
              Are aspire seats bolt on replacements to festivas?
              Yes and no. Like other Mazda seats, you have to attach the bottom cushion onto the Festy seatbase, then just bolt on the seatback the same as the Festiva's. About 20-30 minutes per seat to make the swap.
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Called and won't hold parts but I'm heading that way ! If it's in decent shape i will get it all .
                New build on the way .

Comment

Originally posted by shadetree View Post
                  Called and won't hold parts but I'm heading that way ! If it's in decent shape i will get it all .
                  Cool! :-)

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Thats what I said, basicly ?
                    Even though I said bak & not back.
                    Tom spills better than my.

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

The car is red. Complete. It looked to be in very good condition. Everything was there. The interior looked almost new. Matching door panels. Yes on the wing/hatch, I noticed it wasn't a bolt and play thing. Good luck, nice fellas there, should be able to get a great deal.
                      Because....45 MPG.

Comment

The interior is Red/Blue. Driver's seat looks to be in good condition, but the passenger is worn. It has new brakes and other misc parts. Body is in good shape, never wrecked. Engine runs well, no ticks in the lifters. Recently passed inspection. Bad transmission. It was listed for about a week on CL.
                        lololtemp.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
                          Thats what I said, basicly ?
                          Even though I said bak & not back.
                          Tom spills better than my.
                          Somehow I didn't see your post, or I wouldn't have chimed in, sence yew did it gud enuf, even with the spilling.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                            Somehow I didn't see your post, or I wouldn't have chimed in, sence yew did it gud enuf, even with the spilling.
                            Chimein' in was gud.
                            Last edited by navdoc101; 06-30-2014, 02:47 PM.

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

grab the fog lamps & switch too if available

Comment

Working...
                              X