Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FORD FESTIVA IS NOW REALLY ANNOYING ME!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FORD FESTIVA IS NOW REALLY ANNOYING ME!!

Hey all Brought a 93 festiva about 2 weeks ago everything was perfect. But now it's stating to really get on my nerves only just recently it's started to. 1) blowing so much smoke on start up it's effecting the neighbours. 2) Can not put foot down or it's Boggs need to find right rev range for it to even go anywhere. 3) Trans jumps out of gear and revs then goes back into gear. 4) Using a lot of petrol like a v6 or something it was soo good on petrol for the first $40 now it's really bad. It was never like this when I brought it

Someone tell me what the hell is going on! PLEASE
    is it worth taking to the machanics?

What are your compression numbers?
    91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
    06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
    95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Did you put diesel fuel in it?
      92 GL, 98k
      77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

Hopefully you did not invest a lot of money on the initial purchase. You do have to remember that these are quarter-century old cars. Unscrupulous sellers looking to recoup even $100 from an otherwise dead duck have been known to put straight 50 weight oil in the engine and perform various other tricks to make it appear you got a good deal.

Comment

Bert - why are your posts always downgrading the value of these cars? If you hate them so much and think they're such a waste of money, why do you drive them?

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

[QUOTE=Pedropete91;659486]Hey all Brought a 93 festiva about 2 weeks ago everything was perfect. But now it's stating to really get on my nerves only just recently it's started to. 1) blowing so much smoke on start up it's effecting the neighbours. 2) Can not put foot down or it's Boggs need to find right rev range for it to even go anywhere. 3) Trans jumps out of gear and revs then goes back into gear. 4) Using a lot of petrol like a v6 or something it was soo good on petrol for the first $40 now it's really bad. It was never like this when I brought it

Someone tell me what the hell is going on! PLEASE
            is it worth taking to the machanics?[/QUOTE

Let's see it this way, have you done anything to the car? if not, then try doing a tuneup. Do check the normal things like Chobobulous said:"compression"; also a leak down test.
            Your car can be a daily driver, but it will need work to be a reliable one that wont leave on the side of the highway.
            Most of us have Festys for daily drivers, others have them as hobby, and in either case you will need to get your wallet out.
            Let us know a little more so we can help.

Comment

Haven't checked I will be doing a comp today just need to borrow a tester of my mate. Lool no deff no diesel fuel in it! We'll said damkid! No I haven't car is completely stock. How do I do a tune up? Also how do I do a leak test? Cheers peeps

Comment

Im thinking 1,2, and 4 are all related. Do you have a standard or auto?
                91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
                06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
                95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

It's auto

Comment

Fix my jumping out of gear problem guess what it was..... No trans fluid in there wft are people thinking now it's changes perfect soo happy with it ATM still need a few things but going ok. Still blowing smoke on startup but goes away and still bogging down and using abit of fuel. Thanks people get back to you with compression numbers

Comment

Change the plugs, wires, cap and rotor. Air and gas filter. Since the box was without oil, then all of these may have been unattended for quite a while...

Comment

Yeah, also look for leaks at the axles, that fluid wasn't just dumped out of that tranny and left dry.
                        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

I will change the spark plugs. Leads oil and petrol filter the person I brought it from said that everything was recently changed on it even had it advertised say the dizzy and rotor was done. I have a sticker on the window saying when my next service is so it has been serviced lately but maybe they didn't check the trans I see if there is any leaks in the morning cheers heaps people )

Comment

Working...
                          X