Fuel injector wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel injector wiring

Im about to rewire the fuel injector harness so I can use the b6 injectors with the festiva harness.

Somewhere I remember reading a how to on the wire colors. I don't want to get this wrong. Its kind of a pita to get to. Can someone link me. Ive searched forever and cannot find it.
    91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
    06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
    95 Aspire (sold)

Aren't the connectors the same? Seem to remember unplugging the round harness connector on the B3 and plugging it into the B6 connector.
    Chuck
    Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
    If money will fix it, it's not broken
    91 GL -Ol' Rusty
    93 GL - Lil Red
    91 L - Tweetystiva
    http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
    http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

For my second gen B6, it was plug in the harness from the B6 into the B3 connector and play.
      Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
      Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
      "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by hotfordcat View Post
        Aren't the connectors the same? Seem to remember unplugging the round harness connector on the B3 and plugging it into the B6 connector.
        Originally posted by scitzz View Post
        For my second gen B6, it was plug in the harness from the B6 into the B3 connector and play.
        I forgot to mention I had a gen 1 b6.

Slightly different.
        95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Just unwrap some plastic tape and you'll see whats what. The only couple you might wonder about are the Dizzy wires (but even those should be rather easy). Then you should be able to de-pin the pig tail and insert the B6 wires into the B3 pig tail.So long as the pins are physically the same size- POST # 3
          Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
          Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
          Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
            Just unwrap some plastic tape and you'll see whats what. The only couple you might wonder about are the Dizzy wires (but even those should be rather easy). Then you should be able to de-pin the pig tail and insert the B6 wires into the B3 pig tail.So long as the pins are physically the same size- POST # 3
            Thanks so much!
            95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Does anyone have the pinout for the fuel injection harness of the 323. They are COMPLETELY different.
              95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Or would I be correct in assuming since there are 4 yellow wires( two yellow and 2 Y black in the b6 harness those would be ground just as the b3 harness has 4 Y blue wires?
                95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

SkeetersKeeper did a write up on the first gen B6 swap that is stickied, IIRC, it covers the wiring harness part.
                  Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                  Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                  "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

When I did mine I spliced the B6 injector plugs onto the B3 harness. Been working just fine for more than six years.
                    Ian
                    Calgary AB, Canada
                    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
                      When I did mine I spliced the B6 injector plugs onto the B3 harness. Been working just fine for more than six years.
                      I'm just trying to be sure I get the polarity correct. The festiva harness uses a common ground for all 4 plugs. This b6 harness has 4 individual grounds.
                      95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Working...
                      X