Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Ford Dealers still make keys for the Festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Ford Dealers still make keys for the Festiva?

Does anyone know if any Ford dealers can still make a key for the Festiva? I know any old key cutter at a hardware store can make one, but I would rather have a key that looks like a car key, and not a key for your shed or back door.

I honestly don't care if it is the tiny factory keys or not, I would just like Ford stamped on it or something.

Basically why I ask this is because the only factory key I have for the car looks like it is about to snap, last time I used it in the door lock it twisted the key, and I would rather not it break off in the ignition.
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

You can get factory looking blanks on eBay for lots of vehicles. Have you checked there yet?
    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Check for early Probes
      -Bryant

Comment

Switch to power door locks and you only have to worry about your ignition.
        I have taken factory blanks in recently and had keys cut at any dealership for free.

Comment

Wish these were the same keys for my car, but I compared mine to the picture and they are not.

A NOS key, and truck lock kit for the Festiva.

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
          Switch to power door locks and you only have to worry about your ignition.
          I have taken factory blanks in recently and had keys cut at any dealership for free.
          I have power locks, I just have to use the key on the hatch because that lock actuator failed twice, until I decide to replace it, I am going to need to use my key.
          1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Working...
          X