Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone tried an Intellitronix digital speedometer and their GPS sending unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried an Intellitronix digital speedometer and their GPS sending unit?

Speedometers:

GPS sender:

Free Shipping - Intellitronix GPS Speedometer Senders with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Gauge Sending Units at Summit Racing.

About $200 together but no longer have to worry about tire size.
    1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
    1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
    1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
    1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
    2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
    2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
    2005 Accord - wife's DD
    2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
    2015 F150 SCrew - DD

PhoenixSHO I believe is gunna use a GPS powered speedo in his SHOgun whenever he gets it finished

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

The Summit GPS senders where on sale for $79 a while back. Has been on my list for when the interior work starts. This is great for proper speed readout regardless of tire size like you said.

A digital gauge is not necessary. You can use an analog style gauge as long as it is electronic. They can be had for even less.
      -Bryant

Comment

So is there a factory gauge package that has an electronic speedometer that "bolts" in? And can you adjust for tire size?
        1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
        2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
        2005 Accord - wife's DD
        2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

There are several Gauge clusters that are small enough to fit into the Festiva luster area, and with some nice surround fabrication can be made to look really nice. But they are expensive and generic looking. BUT they are full of features and can be upgraded to pretty much every gauge you will ever need. By expensive, I mean more than $900.
          -Bryant

Comment

But I guess that isn't too bad considering that is ALL gauges. You just have to switch to the ones you want, if you upgrade to more gauges, since the display can only show a few at a time.
            -Bryant

Comment

See I'm thinking of just using that $85 gauge in a less conspicuous space and leave the factory gauge.
              2005 Accord - wife's DD
              2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Beware of Intellitronix (Mentor, OH). They still owe me several thousand dollars for engineering work I did for them last October. Their leader Paul Spivak seems to take great pride in ripping off his suppliers.
                88L black, dailydriver
                88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
                4 88/89 disassembled
                91L green
                91GL aqua pwrsteer
                92GL red a/c reardmg
                3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
                1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

Working...
                X