Another gas question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another gas question

Does any one get less mpgs cuz of the weight in their car? Are festivas made for smaller people? I've been told that my husband and I in the car could be making us loose mpgs.

Simple physics....force, F....equals the product of mass and acceleration...or...(m)x(a)
    Power (energy) is the amount if work per unit time...hence if the mass goes up... the power per unit time must go up...u will use more gas

Oh... I love physicc
    Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
    The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Yes extra weight will reduce your MPG's,but I don't know your weight Danielle and I wont ask. But with all things considered you shouldn't see a HUGE drop in performance with two average size people. What is your MPG's & what is your average speed? A well prepped Festy with a 5 speed in the summer with two average people should EASILY get 40 mpgs. An automatic should get 30-35mpgs.There are so many contributing factors to mileage.That its pointless to go into them without knowing your average speed,transmission,terrain & mechanical condition of the car. Sorry to avoid the question but to answer it correctly, much more info is needed. Nitro-
      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
        Yes extra weight will reduce your MPG's,but I don't know your weight Danielle and I wont ask. But with all things considered you shouldn't see a HUGE drop in performance with two average size people. What is your MPG's & what is your average speed? A well prepped Festy with a 5 speed in the summer with two average people should EASILY get 40 mpgs. An automatic should get 30-35mpgs.There are so many contributing factors to mileage.That its pointless to go into them without knowing your average speed,transmission,terrain & mechanical condition of the car. Sorry to avoid the question but to answer it correctly, much more info is needed. Nitro-
        Average speed probably 40. And it's an automatic.

Comment

You may want to put on your profile page where your from. If you ever have problem with your car maybe someone close would be able to help you with something. Welcome to site.
          Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
          93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
          01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by DanielleChristian View Post
            Average speed probably 40. And it's an automatic.
            You should be getting a minimum of 32 mpgs with 2 people at that speed. And you dont need to run high octane mid grade is more than enough.
            Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
            Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
            Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by milehighbear View Post
              You may want to put on your profile page where your from. If you ever have problem with your car maybe someone close would be able to help you with something. Welcome to site.
              Ok. Will do. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
                You should be getting a minimum of 32 mpgs with 2 people at that speed. And you dont need to run high octane mid grade is more than enough.
                Ok. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X