Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Took a drive down to south Florida in the Festiva.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took a drive down to south Florida in the Festiva.

I've been off work since 5/22 since I had surgery on my shoulder that I messed up on my dirt bike. Three torn tendons, torn rotator cuff and torn labrum. I won't go back to work until 7/28 and I'm going crazy. Sunday(7/5) afternoon, I decided I was going leave for south Florida the following morning in the Festiva. I grew up in the Fort Lauderdale area and have family and friends there. The Festiva performed flawlessly, on the 2000 mile trip, for a vehicle that has almost 300k miles on it. What kind of ticked me off was as soon as people saw what I drove there, the first thing that said was, "You drove that here?!"
    I stayed at my buddy Dave's in Coconut Creek. The Festiva looked a little out of place in his driveway in front of his M6.

It's pretty bad ass, but all the technology in that car is asking for trouble. We went to lunch and the A/C fan wouldn't work right. He had to go into a menu on the screen and go into vent configuration and monkey with it to get it to work. Then when we were leaving the restaurant, it wouldn't go into reverse. He had go in and out of park a few times to get it to go. It's a 2007, but only has 18,000 miles. No issues with my Festiva. hmmmmmm
    I did what I called a hit and run. I just went and saw people for and hour or so and went on to the next. I spent most of my first 37 years and south Florida and don't miss it one bit. Every 1/4 mile there is a red light. Plus it is crowded as heck.
    I made my way over to the west coast where my sister, niece and nephew live in Naples. This truck was in my sisters apartment complex's parking lot and I couldn't resist. it's got 54" tires.

My brother in law works at a hot rod shop and they had a couple intersting projects. My favorite was this old Dodge truck with a Viper V10. It also has some kind of custom BMW 5 series IRS.

Overall, it was a fun trip in the Festiva and averaged 40 mpg.
    Rick
    1993 Ford Festiva
    1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
    1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
    2000 Ford E350

Awesome pictures, I'm glad your festiva didn't give you any problems. Idk why but I can't stand bmw's. I'm sure you don't miss the rainy season (now) how it rains every afternoon like clockwork!
    -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
      Awesome pictures, I'm glad your festiva didn't give you any problems. Idk why but I can't stand bmw's. I'm sure you don't miss the rainy season (now) how it rains every afternoon like clockwork!
      It's not much better here in TN, plus it rains much of the winter. Not to mention tornadoes.
      Last edited by Eaglefreek; 07-15-2014, 04:07 PM.
      Rick
      1993 Ford Festiva
      1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
      1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
      2000 Ford E350

Comment

Working...
      X