Aspire AC system into 93 Festy?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire AC system into 93 Festy?!

Ok I just bought a wrecked Aspire that got hit in the back cause it has AC, my question is will it all work and what all do I need?! I couldn't find an answer in the forum search so I figured I'd post!
    Thanks in advance!!

The only thing i don't think that will fit is the evaporator.

But I will go ahead and let someone else chime in, because I am not 100%.
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Evap is different, might be able to hack it in there, but I never tried.

None of it will be bolt-on except for the AC bracket/compressor, and the AC tensioner pulley.

You are one step ahead of the curve though, with a '93. The '93 has the same large nose crank pulley as the Aspires, so you will most likely want to swap ALL the pulleys onto the festiva and run the two ribbed belts from the Aspire. By all the pulleys I mean both halves of the crank pulley, the alt pulley, water pump pulley, ac pulley, and ac tensioner pulley. There are other combinations that can be made to work, but since you have a '93 Festiva and a complete Aspire, this is probably going to be the smoothest and most reliable option.

I've never tried to install an Aspire condensor into a festiva, not to say that it can't be done, I've just never had the need, so I can't say whether it will work or not.

As for the lines, The Aspire lines are routed way different than the Festiva lines, going all the way around the back of the engine bay to the driver's side. It may be possible to modify and bend and/or shorten them to get them to work, it may not. I used lines from a Protege once, and a 323 another time. They took a little bending to line up right, but they work, and are still blowing cold to this day.
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
      X