Picked a 1993 Ford Festiva L on Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked a 1993 Ford Festiva L on Monday

I picked up a 1993 Ford Festiva for my Son to drive that my Aunt owned. It has 52,000 miles on it.
    It was squeaking but that turned was just a loose Alternator belt. I thought the rear was sounding a bit loud on the trip back home. I checked the wheel bearings tonight and found that the right rear is in need of replacement. I have not checked the front ones yet. How long do the bearing typically last on these cars.

WP_20140717_004.jpg

welcomsign
    Nice car. My solution to squeaks and rattles is to just turn the volume up on the radio. It works every time. I would encourage you to do a search on an Aspire conversion before you consider replacing any Festiva bearings. I have had it done to my 1993 Festiva. Bearings are easier to service and braking is superior. I was just kidding about the radio.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 07-17-2014, 09:34 PM.

Comment

hey your not to far from me! let me know if you need help with the rear bearings. The fronts are a little harder because the hubs are pressed in but i got a friend in Antioch who could do the fronts if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
        The fronts are a little harder because the hubs are pressed in but i got a friend in Antioch who could do the fronts if needed.
        Famous last words. Rears are a conventional piece of cake compared to the fronts, even on Aspire/Rio-swapped cars. KIA carried on with these 'bearing preload' front hub designs for a few years into the early 00's and every recent graduate Auto Tech in town managed to find ways to 'write off' these cars when confronted with 'some specialized assembly required' wheel bearings that required a guarantee.

Comment

Working...
        X