another super low mileage Festiva in the works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another super low mileage Festiva in the works

I was driving down to Matt's house (ZoomZoom) to get my new BP that was completely rebuilt from the ground up. New everything with enough headwork to clean everything up plain and simple. Thanks Matt.

Anyway, on the way there, about 10 minutes from my house I saw a Festiva sitting in a driveway. When I got closer I saw a little old lady. I said to myself. WTF, what have I got to lose, so I turned around and went back. She just got done mowing her grass which is why she pulled it out of the garage (the mower was blocked-in). I introduced myself and we talked for about 25 minutes or so. She is widowed and about 80yrs old or so (guessing). I told her I collected Festivas and was very interested in buying hers. She said she wasn't going to sell it until she past-on, then her sons would sell it. They have no interest in the car. But lately said she has been thinking of selling it but wants it to go to a good home. I told her of my plans for it if I were to get it and she was very impressed. She is going to talk it over with her sons and let me know. Said it has never been out of our local town. She has her Buick for longer drives. It has never seen snow and she usually puts it outside when it rains to clean it off. Said it has never seen a car wash. There is ZERO RUST and one tiny little door ding on the pass door.

It's a 93 GL Sport. No a/c no p/s. But it is an auto. Perfect for my BP. Paint is super dull but would clean up just as nicely as Paul's Cremepuff !!! She told me to have a look at and see what I thought. I about crapped. And to think it's only a few minutes from my house. lol I'll check back with her in about 3 weeks or so. Fingers crossed !!! I'll take some cash when I go for sure.

Last edited by Gomez; 07-24-2014, 09:26 PM.
    -Bryant

Love the hazard switch.. Will have to look around for an upgrade for mine.

Think I may need the column cover too.
    Last edited by fuddrucker; 07-24-2014, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Ummmm Amazing! I just got the same type of deal last winter with 50k miles on her but she was a 5 speed
      1991 Auto Ford Festiva " Noel " <-- cuz theres No L in Festiva
      1991 Manual Ford Festiva
      1999 ford f-250 5.4L My gas guzzler.

Comment

I'd pay what was on the sticker of that car when new. Stoke a granny out.

Comment

I did that last December. But the lady was already passed. Her nephew sold it to me. lol I hope to get this one for a LOT less.
          -Bryant

Comment

I know what ya mean. Gotta let them shoot the first number, make sure they feel comfortable with it. If it's too low, ya gotta pay up some so you don't feel bad about rippin off an ol lady(regardless of the fact she said the price)

Comment

The factory sticker that came on my 91 was for around $10k.

Comment

Dude...I HATE you!
                91GL BP/F3A with boost
                13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Lol. I just get lucky. Never happens to me. It hasn't happened yet. My new one. I had to pay for. Lol hopefully not this one.
                  -Bryant

Comment

Sweet find! LS swap it haha
                    -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

You have way too much luck

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

It's not yet mine yet. Hopefully though.
                        -Bryant

Comment

This is a prize for sure. Freshtiva would clean this up to look brand new whereas someone like me would be scratching his head on figuring on ways to convert it over to manual + Aspire + B6, all without depreciating the car.

Comment

I stopped and talked to her again today. She remembered me. So I asked her if she had thought about selling. Her first words were "how much you wanna give me?". Lol I started to talk but she interrupted saying she told her sons to look at book prices on the Internet. I told her I would offer her a lot more than book price.

I offered $2000.

She said she had 2 other guys that wanted it too but their offers were a lot lower

BUT, she said this car is almost an antique and with the low mileage it should be worth at least $10,000.

I told her to make sure she keeps my info on the top of her list. She wants to sell it to me. But I'm thinking $2500 is my max. Maybe a tad bit more if the timing is right. Oh well. Only time will tell at this point. I'm not giving up just yet.
                            -Bryant

Comment

I love the interior on those sports. What an amazing survivor right there. I had something similar happen to me a year or two ago with another car I love (80's tercel wagon 4wds) an oldster had a minty one down the road from my brother in California. It had around 120K (nothing for those) power sunroof (rare) alum. wheels (rare) parked in a garage for most it's life. I got it for $1000 bucks. The problem with me is, I'm hard on cars. I get them dirty, I haul greasy things around, outboards, dirt, rocks, etc. I honor the super mintys by selling them to someone who will keep it nice. The ugly but trustys work better for me
                              Because....45 MPG.

Comment

Working...
                              X