Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Check A/C at JYs?

Hello all,

I found about 3 Festivas at the junkyard today and they had complete ac units. What do I need to check in order to get the best idea if they are operational. Ideally I would like to buy one that after installation it works. I would hate to take off the entire unit and it doesn't work; which i know its part of buying at the Jy sometimes. any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

,First check for refrigerant pressure. Temove the high and low pressure caps and momentarily push the Shrader valve yo hear a hiss. Second check. Remove the A/C belt and turn the A/C compressor pulley with your fingers. See if there is any binding or anything that prevents free spinning.
    It is easy to remove an A/C system if you have the proper crow foot metric wrenches.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 07-31-2014, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Ok thanks. I'll check them out, do you know what is the biggest size wrench I'll use?some of the nuts close to the firewall seemed big so might have to buy a wrench. Or maybe an adjustable wrench might get the job done
      Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Comment

You will always have to use two wrenches for any A/C connection. The largest size A/C hose connector wrench combo you will need is 7/8" and 1-1/16". Good luck.
        Last edited by bravekozak; 08-01-2014, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X