"Newer" Car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Newer" Car!

So, after years and years of driving with less than 100hp, I finally bought a "new to me" car! I searched for awhile and found this sweet 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged and boy do I love it! I still have my Aspire, but I have a buddy who doesn't have a car and I'm thinking of giving it to him! This forum has been awesome to me, and has helped me in those times of emergency repairs. I'll definitely be sticking around until I get rid of the Aspire! Thanks again for all the help guys!

Less than 100HP = Better gas mileage

I have seriously been thinking of eventually getting something more modern for everyday use, and keep the Festy as a project car.

But then I realize, the extra money spent on a newer car is not really worth it, at least not on the cars I would want to get.
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 08-01-2014, 11:52 PM.
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Yeah I love the gas mileage on my aspire, but if I can keep the cobalt out of boost then I get around 30-35. I was just ready for something with air conditioning and more modern features. Plus my wife and I have been talking about the possibulity of kids and id like to have something a little safer to take the kids in.

Comment

You didn't wanna find a turbo one? 260hp drool
        Last edited by sketchman; 08-02-2014, 06:39 AM.
        Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
        91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Congrats on the new2u car. I have had a 06 ss and I have to tell you it is the car I miss the most. I got 32.9 mpg long term. The Forum for the car is good. Not as good as this but still good. Not as involved as here. Go to intense for mods. Again congrats.

Comment

I have grown up with Fords my whole life, so if I was to buy and drive a Chevy, I would feel so dirty. lol
            Last edited by TorqueEffect; 08-02-2014, 10:41 AM.
            1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
            2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
            1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Glad you like your new car. Maybe the guy you give the Aspire to will become a member here.
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I didn't go with a TC one because I like the sound of a supercharger, and I was on a budget of under 10k and this one was a crazy good deal.

Comment

Working...
                X