No title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No title

I bought an 89 festiva L today and the owner had gotten the car from an old lady that died. He never got a title with it. Anybody have an idea if I could get a title for it somehow. If not could I use the shell for my 93 festy, since it's so rusty and just swap the vin tag out.

jus swap the vin to your good car... i know people here are going to bring up the legal stuff but at the end of the day nobody cares and every festy looks the same so im sure the world will get over it
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

What State do you live in ?
      If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

I live I ky. I was thinking if you used parts from three different cars then it was legal.

Comment

I wouldnt be hesitant to swap dash's/vins. I dont think any authority would ever go threw the hassle of checking each vin tag. But! If you where ever in a accident and they found you at fault and the insurance found out you swapped vins they may drop you and not cover the accident. I would try to pursue a lost title through your local dmv, usally they send a letter to the previously titles person and they just sign off on it and reissue a new title.

Comment

File for a lost title.
            1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm gonna go to the dmv and see if I can get a title. If not then it's gonna get swapped.

Comment

Personally I would try the legal route first just to keep the peace of mind down the road, but if that failed, I wouldn't let a rust free body go to waste either lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                  Personally I would try the legal route first just to keep the peace of mind down the road, but if that failed, I wouldn't let a rust free body go to waste either lol

:thumbs_up:
                  Last edited by drddan; 08-03-2014, 02:05 PM.
                  Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                  Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                  Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                  Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                  http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Try and file for a lost title first, then go for a bonded title, that takes about 9 months to a year for that process to work, or there is a company in N.Y. State that will get you a title in about 3 weeks for $350, Good luck
                    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Yeah I've been looking for a rust free body for a long time. The one I just picked up for $100.00 has a little surface rust here and there on the body panels but looks great underneath.It also has gl aluminum wheels, smooth taillights and a/c. Unfortunately it's an auto and the motor smokes real bad. Aspire and engine swap here I come.

Comment

Working...
                      X