Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frustration with sellers. (rant inside, sorry)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustration with sellers. (rant inside, sorry)

I don't have may rules in life, and the ones I do have are pretty simple.

1. Don't do heroin.
    2. Don't do cocaine.
    3. Take care of family first.
    4. Live up to your word.

That's it. Those are my rules.

It drives me ABSOLUTELY INSANE when a seller agrees to meet me on X date, and that I will be the first person to see the car. Then when I go to confirm our scheduled meeting, I am told that someone offered $50 more than I had so I can't see the car anymore.

What the heck is that? Is honoring your word no longer a thing??? My old man would have smacked me twice for this behavior.

End rant.
    90 Festiva L PLUS ~248K
    98 GMC Safari ~160k
    78 Honda CB125
    61 Lambretta TV175

I've had that. Guy says, "Oh yeah, sounds good."

Minutes, literally minutes before a 5 hour drive to go pick up the car, he emails me and says it just sold. :evil:
    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

I called about an engine/trans for my Festiva that was listed on CL and told the guy that I wanted it, no dickering about price, I wanted it and would pay what he was asking. I told the guy I would stop by the bank, get the money and leave on the 6 hour drive. I gave him my cell phone number and got his number. As I got about an hour from his place I started calling to get final directions but he did not answer the phone. After several attempts to call I thought maybe it was my ATT cell phone and used my friend's Verizon phone. The guy answered only to tell me that he sold the engine already for $100 less than we had agreed on. Go figure!

A few weeks later another engine was listed on CL, the guy held it and I got it.

Comment

I had a 5 hour drive and half way there the seller calls me and says he needs $50 more because so many people are calling about the car. I gave it to him but wasn't happy about it.
        93 GL

Comment

Totally agree... however! I've been on the sellers side several times where someone says, I will be there at 10:00AM to buy the car, will you hold it? Sure! never hear from them again. I've had dozens of no shows.

Granted if someone is driving far, I like to make sure it is going down as to not waste either sides time.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
          The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Deposit is what I always say as a seller. $50 will usually seal the deal. Same when I'm a buyer. I will offer it to hold said item.
            -Bryant

Comment

crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Gomez View Post
                Deposit is what I always say as a seller. $50 will usually seal the deal. Same when I'm a buyer. I will offer it to hold said item.
                Great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by sactnato View Post
                  I had a 5 hour drive and half way there the seller calls me and says he needs $50 more because so many people are calling about the car. I gave it to him but wasn't happy about it.
                  As long as it's guaranteed with a handshake and good word that you feel you can trust on top of the extra 50$.. You don't really have too much to worry about.[emoji1]

I had to do that with a guy selling a Capri.. He was happy to take a deposit and receive the rest when I came back for it 2 weeks later.
                  Last edited by fuddrucker; 08-09-2014, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Best to get that deposit and the rules in writing. Stuff can happen, whether the seller is straight-up or not.
                    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                    X