interesting ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interesting ?????

when my 94 warms up after a drive, I have trouble starting it after running into the store, but if I wait 5 minutes it will fire up, it has to cool down a little, also it will intermittently stutter on an incline after warming, the O2 was changed last year but.... I dont have my FSM handy cause my bud around the corner has it and he went on vacation, suggestions ?????
    He said a bad word :nono:

1990 Festiva
    1987 F-250 diesel-powered
    1984 Ironhead Chopper
    1999 Ducati Monster

Strange things can happen with the ignition system.
    I had the opposite problem once. Would not fire in cold weather with cold engine but would start and run OK when warm. Turned out to be the ICM was going bad.
    I discovered that I when I held a couple of fingers on the ICM for a few minutes, it would warm it up enough to get it to work.

Comment

Being an electronics technician, it makes me wonder how long a ecu can work before the capacitors inside of it go bad, and all the solder connections wiggle themselves lose/cracked

Comment

The warming and cooling of circuit boards can cause the connections to connect and dis correct

Comment

thanx didnt think of that one

1990 Festiva
          1984 Ironhead Chopper
          1999 Ducati Monster

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
            Being an electronics technician, it makes me wonder how long a ecu can work before the capacitors inside of it go bad, and all the solder connections wiggle themselves lose/cracked
            I'm pretty sure this happens a lot. I have a buddy who bought an explorer with a bad brain box. We looked over every sensor they all worked but didn't read correctly. Changed the ecu, back to normal. We pulled apart the old ecu and it had bad capacitors.

I think my mustang needs a new ecu cause it acts funny sometimes and other times it runs great.
            1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

thanx a bunch guys you've given me a place to start from,

1990 Festiva
              1984 Ironhead Chopper
              1999 Ducati Monster

Comment

Working...
              X