Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is this thing on the top feeding the throttle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I could really spray more of the hoses and wires and the throttle air tubes- it might look a little cheesy, but it's really just more insulation and really does protect the rubber-

but because it does look cheesy, I'll be doing what I always do after getting the grease and dirt off as much as possible,
    and that's using some Armor All type rubber and vinyl protectorant on them-

it really makes them shiny and keeps the rubber nice- I've been doing that a long time and never had a radiator hose fail

The first Festy I bought was in Southern Cal and I had it out at Needles in the desert, a couple of years-
    and the temp needle NEVER varied the least little bit-
    It could be 115 degrees out side and the car never once over-heated- never came close
    That was one of the things that impressed me about it

And when I got it- the water pump squeeked like crazy!
    I put some lubricant in it once and drove it over another 100,000, after buying it in 1997 with 175,000 already on it.

I'm toying with the idea of painting the whole thing silver-
    or more of the firewall and side panels- it would be really clean, but the best part is that you can really see things better under the hood

The valve cover really starts to look sharp if cleaned and painted with several coats of chrome paint-

and some of it is more "chromy" than others- the stuff at Dollar General- "Miracle" brand- is more shiny and metallic than the Krylon they sell at Wal-Mart-

I've been using it for years to recondition old bicycle parts- it's a little more shiny than brushed alloy, at least the Miracle brand- but you have to paint several coats to get iit thick and lasting- the Krylon dries to about a natural alloy metal luster.

I always wonder whay they didn't have a cover over the fusible links- I may try to fashion one-
    they are really just wires of a certain guage- I've made and used my own using that size end connectors before.
    Last edited by harpon; 08-19-2014, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Nice looking Festiva! Krylon paint sux. Replace the links with PAL fuses. Much cleaner and better than the links. 2 pink and one green in the middle (I think it's 20-30-20 amps)
      Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
      Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
      Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
      Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
      http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Working...
      X