Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.3 or 1.5?

Hi guys. Greetings from Australia.
    Quick question. There are a lot of '00 and '01 Mazda 121 metros (demio) around for sale at the moment and I love the look and after reading all the build threads on your festivas I think this is the car for me.

Just wondering if its worth paying $1-$1.5k extra for the stock 1.5 over the 1.3.

I read that the extra weight means you only get a couple of true kW of extra power out of it.

Anyway, any help appreciated.

Also anything to look out for when buying one of these cars?

Regards

A 1.5 ought to get you quite a bit more zip. Especially if it's a twin cam. Extra weight will be negligible because B6 engines are derived from same origin as B3 and I would think the same applies to B5s. On the other hand you can always hang a number on your 1.3 purchase by swapping in a larger engine at a later date.
    I'm unfamiliar with post-1993 Festys and would presume your prospective purchase has OBDII provisions which is a whole different ballgame, and one that n. American Festy owners are unfamiliar with.

Comment

Turns out it does. Will that make a prospective turboing of the b3 engine unlikely?

Either way theres a guy down the road with a BP 626 that is an insurance write off and he'll give it to me for $500

Comment

2000_mazda_121_used_2987651_7_m.jpg2000_mazda_121_used_2987651_1_m.jpg2000_mazda_121_used_2987651_15_m.jpg
        So I decided to pull the trigger. Say hello to my B3 that has done 93,000km (57,700miles) in it's 14 years.

I decided to get this one as if in two years the engine gives away I'll just chuck a 323 1.8 in there and abuse the rest of it.

All for less than $4500au

Comment

Nice car.Too bad we don't get anything like that in the US.Only one problem though,Steering wheel is on the wrong side!!LOL

Comment

Originally posted by rickbz28 View Post
            Nice car.Too bad we don't get anything like that in the US.Only one problem though,Steering wheel is on the wrong side!!LOL
            Haha!
            I actually saw the Castrol Racing Team Supra on the highway today. With a big "Caution Left Hand Drive" on it.

Comment

Big bad news occurred today.
              The buyer of my car pulled out and now I'm left with only half the cash for the car.
              I'd already talked the seller down from 5,990 so he won't budge.

Guess I'm back to looking around :'(

Comment

Working...
              X