Lets talk TRANSPORTING A FESTY K?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets talk TRANSPORTING A FESTY K?

I'm sure most of us have had a vehicle transported.....so, I'm entertaining bringing mine from Florida to weigh the pros and cons. My question is; who do you use? what are the things to watch for? I'm looking for money saving ideas cuz the lowest is 1200....so far. Thanks everyone. Mark
    92 GL, 98k
    77 Chevy shortbed

If it's a running car you would trust to drive 3500 miles, fly out and drive it back. Much cheaper, and an Excellent Adventure to boot!
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Tom I had talked to him about buying his car but in the FS post it says it shakes at 50 or 55 so driving it 3000+ miles, well I figure I would have the shakes for the next week, I also checked into transport costs and the cheapest was $750 from FL to Iowa. I have a nice Blue Hatch at PU241's house that I was going to stop by and pickup but that will have to wait for another day. Good luck Avitsefdorf
      An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Is it near Greg? Maybe he could fix the shaking problem. It can't be too complicated.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
          Is it near Greg? Maybe he could fix the shaking problem. It can't be too complicated.
          Often a set of cheezy tires (anything available in 12s and often in 13s tend to be such) will do this or else it's loose tie rods/ball joints. Still it's a hair-raiser attempting a cross country with something 20 years old and that you've never driven before. I crossed Canada in a new purchase (17 year old truck) many years ago and still have vivid memories of losing the brakes on the Hope-Princeton Highway mountain pass and being totally unprepared for the lousy mileage that automatics get, and having to deal with daily glitches that slowed down progress. Shaking and flat tires weren't even on the list during that 3000 mile run.

Comment

I'm havin a guy/professional mechanic in florida fix it.
            92 GL, 98k
            77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

Originally posted by avitsefdrof View Post
              I'm sure most of us have had a vehicle transported.....so, I'm entertaining bringing mine from Florida to weigh the pros and cons. My question is; who do you use? what are the things to watch for? I'm looking for money saving ideas cuz the lowest is 1200....so far. Thanks everyone. Mark
              Try Elliot at (866) 384-7085. As I recall when I used him to ship a Mercedes from Miami to Pasco the price was $700. The car was in transit for almost 2 weeks because it moved only when there was extra room on a trailer headed this way. The price quoted was for delivery to Spokane but the driver called and I gave him $25 to drop the car off as he passed through town.

Comment

Other side of the State.
                If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

if I wasn't on my permit I would just load up and drive it to ya Im used to making people mad with my festy

Comment

Nice to offer, thanks.
                    Originally posted by jaketlong11 View Post
                    if I wasn't on my permit I would just load up and drive it to ya Im used to making people mad with my festy
                    92 GL, 98k
                    77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

thanks Bob, I'll give him a shout. MP
                      Originally posted by bolokid View Post
                      Try Elliot at (866) 384-7085. As I recall when I used him to ship a Mercedes from Miami to Pasco the price was $700. The car was in transit for almost 2 weeks because it moved only when there was extra room on a trailer headed this way. The price quoted was for delivery to Spokane but the driver called and I gave him $25 to drop the car off as he passed through town.
                      92 GL, 98k
                      77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

And if it is cheaper to have it dropped off at my place or Spokane go for it. You can leave it at my place (what's one more) or I will drive it down on my next trip.

Comment

Nice offer, I'll consider that..thank you.
                          92 GL, 98k
                          77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

Working...
                          X