festiva roof rack fail.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• festiva roof rack fail.

so, got kid brother's festiva all sorted out, hes super stoked, ok, lets go get some surf racks so he can head down to the water and go slide.

got the racks hooked up, and board secured, he goes to get in car, dang auto seatbelts, they cant function with the rack straps thru the car.

showed him the back seat trick, the festiva swallows the 7'2" board no problemo, and hes off to the waves.

gotta find him a real rack, or convert to regular seat belts.
    Last edited by villageidiot; 08-24-2014, 04:35 PM.

Hey! That's a great looking Festy! Dang those auto belts. I never did like those things, either!
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

yeah, the festiva detailed up pretty nice.

i did all the safety stuff (brakes bearings suspesnion tires etc) and tuned it up, handed it to the dealer, it came back nice.

hit the wheels with some "cast iron" vht engine enamel. lookin sharp. kid bro is STOKED.

it was funny to me. ask my 17 yr old little bro, "what do you want for your first car?"................. festiva was his first choice haha

Comment

Wow, Yellow and rust free, that's a great looking car. congrats
        An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

bought this set of roof racks on ebay, measurement wise, i think itll work just fine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331222453623...84.m1497.l2649

will let everyone know how they work when i get them later this week.

Comment

Originally posted by sc72 View Post
            Wow, Yellow and rust free, that's a great looking car. congrats

yeah, its rust free for sure, none, like zero. didnt even use penetrating oil when i did the work on the car, everything just came apart as it should. all the bolts still have the cad plating on them etc. its a perk for being in california.

on the other side of it, i spent $1950 to buy the car

Comment

ya ya rust free, zero for sure, yada,yada, I understand about things coming apart easy, our DD came from Florida, the rear strut bolts came out like you put them on yesterday. So you spent some green, look at the quality of car you have. Don't mine me I'm just jealous, Again congrats on a great find.
              An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

lovin it concidering that paint color now supper sexy

Comment

Yeah, car looks sweet, the yellow really came back after a good buff out, that's original paint.

Comment

When using the rack, could you take the fuse out for the auto belts when it's in the rear position and use them as manual belts?
                    Rick
                    1993 Ford Festiva
                    1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
                    1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
                    2000 Ford E350

Comment

yeah, i probably could do that, but ill try the bar roof rack next and see how it goes.

Comment

I love the yellow festys I've only seen two or three in person my entire life.

I spotted this one out in Washington last winter.
                        Because....45 MPG.

Comment

Got the ebay racks in today, they do not fit on the car as is. I might be able to modify them to fit, but won't have the time for a while.

Comment

bought a set of thule 400xt rack towers on ebay, and a NOS fit kit for the festiva. looks like the cheap ebay rack's bars will fit the thule rack towers.

when it comes in i'll update the thread, hoping it works, 3rd time is a charm right.

ETA: you all might be wondering why a roof rack is so dang important...... kid goes surfing like daily, no roof rack = board in car = filthy interior = upset me= bad news for the whole house.
                            Last edited by villageidiot; 08-26-2014, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Hell, I've been wanting to get roof racks myself due to Kayaking.

Comment

Working...
                              X